Technical Manager - GWS
New Territories , Hong Kong
Date published: 24-May-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The Technical Manager position is a key role of leadership team responsible to mange all engineering related systems (Electrical, integration, IoT and Mechanical) including maintenance, efficiency upgrade, minor projects and lifecycle replacements. A continuous innovation and maintain the team technology knowhow update is critical.
Facilities utilized vendor management and leverage self-performing technician workforce. This role, from time to time, is also expected to support and provide leadership and best practices to other account disciplines such as Health & Safety, Security, Projects, etc.
The role will also take a leadership position for ensuring a joined-up delivery approach across the spectrum of services deliver:
- Asset Care and Maintenance Program
- Lifecycle Planning
- Energy and Water Management
- Innovation solution development
- Facilities operation efficiency fine tune
- Manage technical staff, including hiring, training, personnel development, promote collaboration
- Analytical thinker - ability to analyse complex problems and provide simplified solutions for fast and effective decisions
- Allocating work to the engineering team to tackle routine emergency works for minimizing any operation risk.
- Monitoring the processes to ensure that technical support work is completed within a stipulated time frame
- Carrying out random checking to the site to ensure that maintenance standards are in full compliance with established policies.
- Assisting the management team in formulating the maintenance policy
- Assisting the management team in arranging technical training to the engineer and other facility management staff.
- Assisting the management team in updating of regulations and codes affecting the repair and maintenance of the client.
- Assisting the management team in developing smart FM system, use of technology, IOT, data analytics and AI to support the client’s goal of achieving innovation and technology in facility management
- Support the development of Reliability Based Maintenance and predictive maintenance to enhance reliability and continuous improvement.
- Co-coordinating and liaising with management staff and the representative(s) of client, key stakeholders as well as tenants to ensure the smooth execution of any repairs and maintenance of E&M installations.
- Working alongside with the engineers in assisting managers on the preparation of various preventive maintenance programmes and contingency plans for the client.
- Initiating innovative ideas on Environmental Friendly and Energy Saving projects
- Degree holder preferably in mechanical and electrical engineering or equivalent qualifications
- Professional qualifications in facility management
- Minimum 10 years in Facilities engineering or related discipline
- Experience in managing Business critical environments and technical services
- Strong customer focus and relationship building skills
- Registered Electrical Worker (Grade A)