A Regional Commercial Manager is required to lead the strategy and execution of procurement (Contracts and Sourcing) on behalf of the Asia Pacific PMO. This role is to be based at the client’s offices in Singapore or Hong Kong.
Key roles and responsibilities of this role are to:
• Ensure agreements are supported by locally recognised and internationally endorsed contractual framework.
• Provide leadership and execute on all matters pertaining to contracts and sourcing.
• Act as a trusted advisor and negotiator to the variable Project Management teams to ensure vendor engagement for major packages at a project level is sound.
• Review and challenge cost estimates provided by project management teams against benchmarks and suggest value improvement options to deliver savings.
• Support development of annual capital target planning, including preparation of high level sourcing budgets if required by client.
• Direct vendors on how to comply with governance requirements relating to contractual engagement and financial matters.
• Review cost management processes provided by suppliers and advise Regional Account Director, the Executive Director for D&C and the vendor manager on potential improvements which will result in improved cost management performance.
• Regularly liaise with the Regional Account Director and the Executive Director for D&C Asia to help promote consistency globally.
• Drive consistency and data integrity throughout the region.
• Collation of new cost data and use of client’s historic cost data for benchmarking.
• Perform high level commercial reviews on all projects and occasional audits of cost under/overspend including the review of Change Control Log, Cost Savings Log, etc.
• Establish interfaces and liaise with stakeholders such as Security and IT to better prepare and track regional project budgets / pipeline, as well as improving existing or sourcing new agreements with applicable service or product suppliers.
• Provide advice on construction agreements and contracts.
• Contribute to global and regional initiatives designed to improve the Client’s commercial performance.
• Assist with the development of the commercial platform, commercial procedures and KPIs.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Articulate, professional presentation.
• Fluent in English.
• Good client relationship, communication and facilitation skills.
• Excellent negotiation skills, this is critical to the role.
• Intermediate to advanced level in Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, confident and experienced in dealing with people of all levels.
• A team player that interacts effectively with colleagues and clients.
Qualifications and Education:
• Degree in a sector related subject.
• Professional background within a corporate office environment and involvement on complex corporate projects focusing on commercial terms.
• A minimum 5 years of relevant quantity surveying / commercial management industry experience.
• An affiliation with a recognised Chartered Quantity Surveying institution would be seen favourably.