Sr. Reporting Analyst
Makati City , Philippines
Date published: 4-Sep-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Responsible for ensuring the business makes better decisions through collection and usage of data. Ensures business data and analysis requirements are met by properly applying data concepts, including data structures, collection and cleansing, and structured and unstructured data analysis and reporting. Ability to collect, analyze, manipulate, use data visualization techniques, and report on CBRE data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform ad-hoc, strategic analysis of structured and unstructured data across multiple data sources, reflecting global real estate markets and the operations of real estate assets
- Develops data structures and pipelines to organize, collect, cleanse, and standardize data in order to generate insights and addresses reporting needs.
- Defines data requirements and gathers and validates information, using judgment and statistical tests.
- Utilizes programming and analytical tools, including open source programs including Python, R and SAS, SQL, Oracle, or similar relational database tools to formulate models and/or extract insights.
- Well versed in knowledge of creating algorithms, identifying patterns and insights from structured and unstructured data sets utilizing graphs, trees and/or other data representation techniques as required.
- Identifies and troubleshoots data integration and integrity issues in cooperation with the appropriate CBRE business units;
- Designs work flows and procedures. Identifies opportunities to maximize data usage, applying modeling and optimization methods to develop new strategies and improve business performance.
- Develops ad-hoc analytics and reporting based on analysis of existing data sources, utilizing a variety of tools (i.e. SSRS, Tableau).
- Exhibits analytical rigor, judgment, and ability to present a comprehensive 'data story' to multiple levels of the organization. Is well versed in data visualization techniques.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from top tier school in computer science, math, engineering or related field. Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in quantitative analysis, data modeling, reporting, relational database tools, data warehousing, database architecture, and SQL, SAS and/or SPSS including 3-5 years technical experience in software development, machine learning or statistical analysis, data engineering and data visualization related work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
- Experience with Microsoft BI stack (e.g., SSRS) a bonus. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook. Strong analytical skills.