Kluang/ Gelang Patah , Malaysia
Date published: 11-Nov-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- Operates, inspects, and maintains mechanical and electrical equipment in assigned facilities to achieve most efficient results. Assures that equipment is being maintained in a safe manner. Minimizes down time through proactive performance testing and scheduled maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Applies electrical code to troubleshoot and resolve basic electrical wiring / circuitry problems, install and repair electrical equipment and wiring, roughing in feeders, branch circuit cables and circuits, splice electric or communication cables/trunk lines, and trimming out (finishing) electrical devices.
- Uses electrical test equipment, gauges and other measuring devices to test electrical equipment.
- Installs Direct Digital Control (DDC) systems per manufacturer's instructions. Performs device validation and system commissioning.
- Performs assigned repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance. Completes maintenance and repair records as required.
- Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
- Reviews historical maintenance records to develop proactive inspection, testing and preventive maintenance schedule.
- Operates company vehicle in a safe manner and follows prescribed routines to service locations in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) plus a minimum of seven years experience as a licensed electrician. Completion a formal apprenticeship program preferred.
- Prior experience with DDC and EMS preferred.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Master Electrician license as dictated by local electrical codes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles and to understand operating budgets.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions. Conducts basic financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
- Uses personal computer and / or PDA for work order system, email, ESS and training. Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook. Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more.
- Responsible for personal safety and the safety of those who are affected by your work. This includes but is not limited to:
- Complete all required and assigned HSE training at a satisfactory level,
- Follow all activity policies and procedures, including all HSE-related requirements at all times,
- Participate in all HSE-related programs & activities as required, including incident investigations, interviews, auditing and assessment, etc.
- Report any conditions which you feel could result in an accident or injury and / or stop work if required.