Shift Technician Critical Environment-Data Centre
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 4-Jul-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- Train in the operation and maintenance of all critical facility systems. Areas include: Electrical, Mechanical, Building Monitoring and Control. Progress to a certified CET Level 2 tech within 6 months and to CET Level 3 within a further 12 months
- Monitor the Facilities Operations Centre (FOC) as instructed by the SLT and ensure that EPMS, BMS, and Fire System alarms are responded to in a timely manner
- Operate, monitor, maintain, and respond to abnormal conditions in critical facility systems
- Perform preventative, corrective and emergency maintenance on state of the art medium and low voltage high availability power systems
- Ensure all subcontractors are inducted and permitted to work within the CE domain.
- Ensure that the FOC, library, FAC Stores & FAC Workshop are clean and tidy at all times
- Provide input into and develop site specific procedures including EOPs, SOPs, MOPs, Aps and EOP Drills
- Adherence to all quality, health & safety, and environmental policies within the CE domain
- Report health and safety breaches through the ‘HAZARD’ process
- Be fully familiar with site escalation procedures and the Abnormal Incident Reporting (AIR) process
- An strong understanding and experience of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data centre environment, including: Feeders, Transformers, Generators, Fuel Systems, Switchgear, UPS systems, Battery banks, ATS/STS units, PDU/PMM units, Chillers, Air handling units, CRAC units, Fire Alarm systems, and Fire Suppression systems.
- Experienced in complex automatic control equipment, including relay logic, programmable logic controllers (PLC’s), building management systems, and their integration with the data centre infrastructure.
- Experienced in low & medium voltage distribution systems and associated switch gear and protection equipment is preferred.
- Computer literate with the ability to compile and submit monthly and annual reports, and to monitor and trend operational characteristics (load, capacity, environmental conditions etc).
- Availability to work shift and to provide emergency cover as required.
- Understanding of LV power distribution and loading.
- Experience with Health & Safety Risk Assessments and Control Measures.
- Organised and able to effectively prioritise and deliver within a dynamic and high pressure, business critical environments.
- Self-motivated, with ability to work on own initiative.
- A team player, able to work with the team and clients staff of all levels