Senior Transaction Manager
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 30-Jan-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- Provides ongoing management of real estate transaction activities for a complex or high profile portfolio of properties on behalf of our corporate clients.
- Prepares, recommends, and implements a portfolio-wide transaction strategy for acquiring and disposing of real estate properties.
- Coordinates field resources and other stakeholders in the execution of lease renewals, new site acquisitions, disposition of surplus space through subleasing, sale renewals, early lease termination, and more.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements real estate plans with an understanding of the client's strategic real estate goals. Assists with project initiation and scope definition, prioritization of assignments, and adherence to client-driven priorities, commitments, and milestones.
- Concurrently acts as landlord/seller agent and tenant/buyer agent and effectively negotiates the business terms and conditions for a wide variety of commercial real estate products, including land, office, retail and industrial.
- Coordinates field broker selection and other required resources, subject matter experts, and business partners. If necessary, facilitates client review and approval of proposed team resources for the purpose of transaction execution.
- Drafts and creates a large variety of analyses and relevant documents, including but not limited to: project initiation, market comparable reports, Requests for Proposals (RFPs), proposal comparison packages, letters of intent, and broker's opinions of value.
- Coordinates the negotiation of sales through a field broker. Negotiates leases and lease amendments. Monitors lease expirations. Negotiates lease renewals within the timeline. Locates and acquires new properties to met the client's requirements and timeline. Disposes of surplus properties within the timeline.
- Understands how to review, analyze, and interpret financial analysis templates including book and cash flow projections, NPV (net present value), and/or IRR (internal rate of return) financial analyses to enable clients to make more informed decisions.
- Works closely with CBRE and/or client's Lease Administration, Project Management, Facility Management, and Finance/Accounting teams to ensure integration between the service lines.
- Closely tracks all transaction activity (commissionable and non-commissionable), prepares commission forecasts and vouchers, and accounts for all savings results achieved on behalf of clients.
- Monitors and maintains a real estate project tracking system to ensure timely transaction completion. Prepares reports and makes presentations to relevant parties.
- Adheres to all state real estate agency requirements. Ensures compliance with CBRE's corporate policies as they relate to identifying and mitigating potential conflicts of interest.
- Resolves landlord and tenant disputes.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides formal supervision to individual employees within a single functional or operational area. Approves subordinate's recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination.
- Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval.
- Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labour, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff.
- Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies.
- Leads by example and models behaviours that are consistent with the company's values.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field, MBA preferred. 5+ years applicable industry tenure or similar combination of education and experience