Key roles and responsibilities of the Senior Manager / Associate Director of CBRE Research (Shanghai office) are:
I. To supervise the collection and collation of the property data (Office / Business Park ) for the company and to co-ordinate and execute research assignments for internal/external clients as required on regular basis.
II. To work with other BLLs to use research to drive client-based initiatives with the benefit of the broader support of the East China research team.
III. To lead team in servicing the needs of existing internal/external clients and the general nurturing of client relationships.
IV. Contribute to special research reports and white papers on unique market economic or industry trends
V. To carry out any other assignments as directed by the Head of East China Research and/or Local Managing Director.
1) To manage and supervise the team in executing research assignments. You should lead, galvanize, motivate and assist staff members to meet assignment deadlines with high-quality research output.
2) To take principal responsibility for ensuring that the databases are properly managed and maintained.
3) To take responsibility for the quality and accuracy of all work carried out by the Department. You are expected to assist in setting up and enforce an effective due diligence procedure to ensure that all work produced by the Department is of a superior quality:
i. The due diligence procedure should put in place several lines of defence for vetting the quality and accuracy of all research and outbound reports such that they are checked by at least one senior executive before their release for circulation.
ii. Such due diligence should be enforced on a daily basis on all work produced by the Department.
iii. You should play a lead part in overseeing and directing such due diligence.
4) To conceptualise and execute research projects that will assist the Company conclude business transactions with the benefit and support of research findings. You are expected to:
i. Regularly seek views from other Department Heads as to what research information is needed and to conceptualise research projects that will help them in gaining and concluding business.
ii. Regularly provide Department Heads with research information that is useful in their conduct of day-to-day business.
iii. Oversee and direct the creation of “knowledge” by the Department through research, and the conversion of knowledge to transactional, operational and investment opportunities. This is to include, amongst other things, the interpretation of market statistics and publication of market reports in support of marketing activities.
5) To constantly develop client contacts, participate in marketing presentations, speak in public forums, issue publicity materials, cultivate existing client relationships and undertake diligent scanning of the media in pursuit of potential instructions.
6) To nurture staff capability and build a quality research team such that the Department is capable of consistently providing both internal and external clients with high-quality, professional work. You should demonstrate consistent ability to lead and motivate staff to keep abreast with market developments.
7) To follow guidelines and carry out instructions from the HOD/the Management, working as part of a cohesive team to identify business opportunities and enhance the profitability of the Company through the timely, effective and appropriate provision of research support.
•University graduate with a minimum of 5 (AD) / 8 (D) years’ relevant experience.
•Fluent spoken and written English and Mandarin, good writing skills in English and Chinese, and the ability to articulate research findings and opinions succinctly.
•Good presentation skills.
•Essential educational or professional qualification necessary for successful job performance.
•A high degree of mathematical skills and accuracy in calculations.
•Analytical and detail-oriented.