Senior Manager, HR Governance & Controls
Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia
Date published: 4-Jul-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands. Our people enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale providing corporate real estate and property services. Each day you will work in an inclusive and collaborative environment with supportive teammates and be challenged to grow and be your best every day.
CBRE is a people business; our success is based on the skills and capabilities of our people. The APAC HR Team delivers service across all functional areas of Human Resources, including Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Compensation & Benefits, Learning & Diversity, HR Systems & Analytics, and HR Operations.
Due to expansion, we present a rare opportunity for an HR Governance and Controls professional to join our team. This role has responsibility to operationalize and support components of the HR Platform which operates across APAC. HR Platform is defined as the HR systems, processes, vendors and policies that are used to deliver core HR services to CBRE Employees. The successful candidate will improve efficiency of HR Operational processes across all functions while being the APAC Subject Matter Expert for HR Policy and Internal Controls.
- Functional Subject Matter Expert for HR Policies and Controls that operate regionally, provides expertise and advice to Global and Country Teams to ensure alignment to minimum statutory guidelines and CBRE policies.
- Monitor Regulatory changes across APAC countries, identify gaps and areas where change is required to HR Operations, Processes or Procedures. Partner with the Functional owner to develop updated or new requirements for implementation.
- Establish and operate a Regional change governance framework incorporating request process, assessment and recommendations for implementation and further action.
- Subject Matter expert to HR for Data Privacy. Implementation of appropriate controls to maintain data privacy and ensure minimum standards to protect personal data are up to date.
- Business Continuity Planning – Support functional teams with documentation, update and testing of appropriate plans with a focus on business-critical HR deliverables.
- Contribute to Audit / Compliance / Vendor / Policy Action Plans and be an escalation point for Management, in addition to continued reviews and monitoring of Action Plans.
- Define business problems, opportunities and risks and works with relevant subject matter experts, such as Finance Governance, HRIS, HR Analytics, Compensation & Benefits to define enhancements and support business process change, which may include documentation, education and managing change readiness across multiple Stakeholders.
- Ensure relevant documentation (policies, handbooks, training guides or work instructions, etc) are updated in line with statutory changes, including drafting of documents where appropriate. Investigate issues or service failures to understand root cause and propose solutions in conjunction with other functional teams and/or Vendors.
- Participate and may lead functional focused committees or work groups to share knowledge and encourage best practice.
- Investigate recurring HR issues which may be across different markets, look for commonality and suggest solutions for implementation in conjunction with Vendors, SSC, HRIS or other CBRE Corporate partners.
Skills & Experience:
- Degree qualified from a Business Discipline, including Human Resources, Law, Risk or Audit.
- Research and Analytical skills and strong ability to influence.
- Experience of working to multiple statutory requirements and achieving compliance in processing and operations (HR, Recruitment, Payroll) ideally gained in the Asia Pacific region.
- Experience with key stakeholders, relationships to improve and enhance effectiveness and the overall service delivery of the Payroll function for the business.
- Strong written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills. Business Process improvement or re-engineering focus, ie, LEAN or Six Sigma with experience delivering standardisation and efficiency outcomes.
- Experience working in a complex matrixed environment, across geographies and managing a range of stakeholders and collaborating to deliver shared outcomes.
- Project or Program Management experience or may have experience leading a functional team with a strong implementation background and able to handle multiple programs of work simultaneously.
- Experience with technology implementations, as project manager, Functional User or end user advantageous.