Senior Finance Manager
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 14-Feb-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- Responsible for all output associated with Financial, Planning & Analysis (FP&A) including but not limited to annual budget preparation, monthly forecasts, strategic planning, management reporting and any ad-hoc/special projects for the Business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manages the annual Budget process from facilitation of Data Collection to eventual review and analysis of P&Ls. Also manages monthly/quarterly forecasting and strategic planning processes.
- Performs monthly reviews and analysis to ensure accuracy and sensibility of P&Ls. Reviews balance sheet accounts, supporting schedules and consolidated reporting packs. Provides commentaries as required.
- Supports Finance teams through periodic training and update on systems/platform processes.
- Produces a variety of routine and ad hoc financial reports, packages and pro forma analyses.
- Establishes overall departmental priorities and ensures that all deadlines are met.
- Supervises finance staff including training and managing job performance.
- Manages special projects and assists in the preparation of presentations for management. Directs any ad-hoc financial / business projects and other duties as assigned by management. Coordinates research, development and preparation of accounting policy and procedures as required.
- Provides formal supervision to individual employees; manages staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labour, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and model behaviours that are consistent with the company's values.
Key Competencies and Qualification:
- Education: Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred.
- CPA/CA - fully qualified preferred.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Ability to comprehend, analyse and interpret complex business documents. Ability to effectively interact with stakeholders and respond effectively to sensitive issues. Ability to accurately explain/report activity in verbal and written communications. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics. Ability to motivate and work collaboratively with business partners, key employees, top management, and client groups on various projects. Fosters an environment of team-spirit and results-oriented with a high level of commitment.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts complex financial / business analysis, including the preparation of complex reports. Broad, in-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) concepts and SOX requirements.
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment. Analytical skills with ability to articulate business issues and encompass problem identification, evaluation and resolution. Ability to problem-solve, both independently and working as a team. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
- Strong computer skills, including specific knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.). Broad experience with other software and financial systems is desired (particularly HFM, PeopleSoft Financials and TM1). Knowledge of real estate service industry and terminology is helpful. Ability to plan, work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects and work streams. Strong work ethic and adaptable.
- Attention to detail, organised and methodical in your approach to work, and the ability to deliver high-quality work under pressure and on time. Ability to adapt to business environment changes.