Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Month-End Closing, Budgeting and Reporting
• Oversee and coordinate the activities of the team across the Asia Pacific region with respect to information, report production and financial administration
• Prepare and ensure timely production of annual budgets for the portfolio.
• Run reports, perform financial analysis and ensure timely production of monthly, quarterly and ad hoc financial reporting for Client.
• Prepare accurate monthly and quarterly forecasting for Client through collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
• Ensure accurate and timely financial information is provided to all stakeholders.
• Provide support to the management team on month end processes, accruals, monthly reporting and performance commentaries.
• Analysis and variance reporting of expenses against budget and forecast for Client.
• Understand the operating costs, budget and forecast of Client.
• Month end and ad hoc tasks such as but not limited to reconciliations and analysis of transactions, preparation of journal entries, preparation of payment request forms, completing system data set-up forms, etc.
• Review Balance Sheet schedules.
• Maintain thorough understanding of client’s accounting structure and associated systems and translating knowledge to ensure smooth and consistent flow of financial data.
• Develop, maintain and deliver in timely manner the Client’s approved financial formats across the region.
• Other monthly, quarterly, annual, ad hoc reporting requirements of Client.
Invoice Payments & Billings:
• Manage all accounts payable related activities, such as timely payments, invoice submissions and AP reporting.
• Support and maintain all necessary guidelines and manuals associated with the accounts payable / receivable process.
• Accountable for the timely coordination of the CBRE invoice processing and monitoring the accounts receivable ensuring management of CBRE cash flow. Help drive zero overdue receivables and maintaining DSO below 60 days.
• Ensure all Clients invoicing and vendor invoice processing complies with the local taxation requirements.
• Responsible for all issues relating to local invoicing taxation requirements and laws.
Data Management, Policies & Procedures and Audit :
• Ensure data integrity of the systems across the region and audit data from time to time.
• Ensure that appropriate process and system controls are in place and maintained to guarantee the integrity of all transactions.
• Ensure that all financial accounting and reporting is audit worthy and in keeping with recognised quality management processes.
• Assist in collating and reviewing information and completing various requirements for SOX, FCPA, and external financial audit.
• Provide support in closing queries received from tax authorities, as and when necessary. Support required include but not limited to collating information from various parties, preparing schedules and summaries of P&L, preparing supporting documents, analysis of transactions, etc.
• Min 5 years of working experience in Finance/Accounting
• Sound technical expertise in internal management reporting, budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis and month end accounting.
• Strong communication and presentation skills for managing various stakeholders across Asia Pacific.
• Strong Excel skills and experience in other in a variety of accounting software.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal). Be able to impact and influence colleagues and client.
• Client /Customer focused, analytical and able to multitask
• Ability to remain focused in a rapidly changing environment when stakeholders have competing goals.
• Excellent Excel data manipulation skills – Excel 2007 (Lookup, pivot tables, If/Sum If statements - as a minimum).
• Good working knowledge of PeopleSoft is advantageous