Responsible for driving the implementation and reporting on the effectiveness of the Sales management operating model through oversight of business development process and strategy, identification and qualification of opportunities, the assignment of individuals to pursuit teams, broker debriefs, execution of business plans, and coordination of geographic and line of business sales efforts. Partners with local leadership and sales management leadership to build and develop local sales management organization.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve complex results. Responsible for setting project, department and/or division deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause long-term impact to line of business and/or overall company.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• University education preferred. Minimum of five years of related experience managing the activities of a service organization.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in commercial property market.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and mentor staff
• Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents.
• Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style.
• Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups.
• Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
• Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles.
• Ability to calculate complex figures.
• Ability to forecast and prepare budgets.
• Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
• Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations.
• Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment.
• Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to remain task focused.
• Good knowledge of the property industry locally and internationally.
• Sound understanding of financials in order to analyse financial data.
• Excellent organisation skills and ability to work to strict deadlines.
• Logical and analytical thought processes.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and activities.
• People management experience with a proven track record of developing and mentoring team members.
• Technically savvy with solid experience using sales database systems, Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), Outlook, social media, internet.
• Strong knowledge of RECD/Salesforce.com is a plus.