Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia
Date published: 11-Jun-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Reporting directly to the account Regional HSE Lead, you will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the CBRE HSE Management System and Programs as they relate to the account. The role is ‘hands on’ requiring the Safety Officer to have a proactive, highly motivated and customer service approach to all aspects of the role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- HSE Programs & Requirements
- Assists in the implementation of the HSEQ programs and initiatives to meet regulatory requirements and needs of a client account in the ASEAN region.
- Assists in overseeing account specific HSEQ plans, playbooks, and procedures, making certain playbooks are current, complete, and effectively implemented.
- Supports the development and implementation of strategic solutions that will support account management efforts to improve and maintain compliance and manage risk.
- Ensures HSEQ contractual requirements/deliverables are met as outlined in the Local statement of work.
Incident Investigation and Performance Reporting
- Supports the process for monitoring operational. injury, illness, and incident related performance within the account by conducting incident investigations, root cause analysis and HSE and operational performance reporting and trending.
- Ensures that all incidents including health and safety and operational incidents are effectively notified to the client and CBRE and reported into the required system(s).
- Implements risk management processes to ensure that hazards and risks related to the workplace place or CBRE related activities and services are effectively managed.
- Ensures permit to work processes are implemented for all high risk works.
- Implements contractor management processes and supports the account in the management of contractors to ensure works are conducted in a safe manner and operational requirements are met.
HSE Awareness & Training
- Facilitates the induction process for all CBRE employees, contractors and visitors to site
- Updates the account HSEQ Training Matrix with any required local statutory training requirements and ensures relevant training is provided.
- Conducts HSE awareness training courses in line with the HSEQ Training Matrix.
- Maintains records relating to HSE and maintenance related tasks and responsibilities (including HSE Playbook, risk registers, training records, asset compliance related certificates, licences etc.) for the Account(s).
- Acts as the HSE subject matter expert. Provides direct and timely advice and information to the management responsible for the account in matters related to HSE performance, compliance, trends, and client and employee concerns.
- Shares lessons learned with the account and to the broader CBRE HSE Team.
- Conducts HSEQ compliance audits, identifying and reporting non-conformances and tracking actions to closure.
- Conducts regular inspections of tenancies covering all aspects of the facilities and premises management services including identification and resolution of issues relating to contractors, building management and outstanding maintenance ensuring KPI’s are met.
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Minimum qualifications of a Registered Safety & Health Officer with DOSH and possesses a valid Green Book Auditor related qualifications and experience are desirable.
- Minimum of at least 3 years of working experience related to the occupational safety and health field.
- Previous experience working in health, safety and environment related role is essential.
- Knowledge of local health and safety, and environmental regulations and standards is essential.
- Experience working in manufacturing, construction, and/or facility maintenance and management is preferred.