Reliability and Productivity Manager
SGP , Singapore
Date published: 21-Nov-2018
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- The primary role of the Reliability Manager / Engineer is to identify and manage asset reliability risks that could adversely affect plant or business operations. A good understanding and ability to perform Loss Elimination, Risk Management and Life Cycle Asset Management.
- The primary focus is to ensure plant equipment reliability, and proper use of maintenance standards and codes.
- Deliver improvement plans and capital projects on time / on budget.
- Ensure maintenance process or equipment is optimized.
- Coordinate with the plant maintenance and capital groups to ensure all installations maintain compliance with assigned regulatory requirements as well as organization engineering specifications and standards.
- Comprehensive facilities management knowledge and experience in all facets of plant maintenance will be helpful. This entails analyzing various external regulations and procedures for application at this site. He/she must make recommendations that could be implemented plant-wide.
- Guides efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls, and safety/security systems.
- Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors and refines an Asset Maintenance Plan that includes: •Value-added preventive maintenance tasks.
- Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems.
- Provides input to a Risk Management Plan that will anticipate reliability-related, and non-reliability-related risks that could adversely impact plant operation.
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations. These problems include capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues.
To fulfill this responsibility, the Reliability Engineer applies:
- Data analysis techniques that can include: Statistical Process Control
- Reliability modelling and prediction.
- Root-cause and Root-Cause Failure Analysis (RCA, RCFA).
- Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS).
- Works with Production to perform analyses of assets including:
- Asset Utilization
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness
- Remaining useful life
- Other parameters that define operating condition, reliability and costs of assets.
- Provides technical support to maintenance management and technical personnel.
- Applies value analysis to repair/replace, repair/redesign, and make/buy decisions.
- Any other tasks as and when assigned by Supervisors.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Pharmaceutical or Chemical Process Industry at capacity of Mechanical Engineer.
- Must be conversant with Utilities, Environment & Fire system Maintenance activity, Safety & cGMP principles.
- Good interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills.
- Strong passion for reliability, productivity and optimization.
- Strong adherence to compliance.