Regional Operations and HSE Lead
Bangsar South , Malaysia
Date published: 9-Aug-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- Plans, implements, coordinates and manages all mechanical operations, maintenance, communications, energy management, and manpower development programs for a facility, campus or portfolio of buildings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages technical staff, including hiring, training, personnel development.
- Manages operations and maintenance for assigned facilities and assists in development of operating and capital budgets.
- Assists in operations and maintenance issues, troubleshooting and problem solving as required.
- Recommends/implements improvements for preventive maintenance programs on an on-going basis and develop/maintain effective building-specific maintenance and safety procedure manuals.
- Coordinates maintenance efforts with outside contractors, tenant finish personnel and technicians. Oversee all building systems including fire/life safety, plumbing, HVAC and electrical issues and must remain current with latest HVAC technology trends.
- Maintains on-going communication with tenants, clients, owners, facility management team and vendors.
- May assist in solicitation and acquisition of new management contracts and coordinate development of and/or maintain as-built drawings.
- Responds to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc.) and customer concerns.
- Implements and administers inventory control programs/purchase parts and supplies.
- Develops specifications and assists in solicitation and administration of maintenance/repair service contracts.
- Ensures compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, government agencies and company directives as relates to building operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university and a minimum of four years experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge and understanding of all applicable practices and techniques, laws, project controls and environmental regulations to include safety regulations.
- Universal CFC certification. Certification / license in two or more of the following is desired, and certain certifications may be required by local / state jurisdiction: electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, boiler, plumbing. Facilities Management certification is desired.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate complex figures. Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and intranet/internet. Ability to use work order system. Working knowledge and understanding of architectural, electrical and mechanical systems.Understanding of leases, contracts and related documents.
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of those who are affected by your work. This includes but is not limited to:
1. Complete all required and assigned HSE training at a satisfactory level,
2. Follow all activity policies and procedures, including all HSE-related requirements at all times,
3. Participate in all HSE-related programs & activities as required, including incident investigations, interviews, auditing and assessment, etc.
4. Report any conditions which you feel could result in an accident or injury and / or stop work if required.