Regional HSE Manager
Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia
Date published: 9-Jul-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- The purpose of this position is to implement and manage HSE (Health, Environmental and Safety) programs relative to a large international corporate account, across multiple markets in Asia Pacific.
- Leads the monitoring of injury, illness, and incident related performance within the geographical/contractual area of responsibility. Monitor performance for trends or other indicators of improving or degrading incident performance, and develop and implement strategic solutions that will improve the performance results as required.
- Collaborates with the on account HSE Manager in India to ensure consistency and standardisation of programs and process across the account, also to ensure timely advice and information to the management responsible for the account, in all matters related to HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) performance, compliance, trends, and concerns.
- Collaborates with other CBRE HSEQ Managers to ensure best practices and lessons learned are shared across account and region.
- Drives the implementation of the client (in scope) and CBRE HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) initiatives, and communicate all HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) priorities in a manner that effectively drives program consistency and effectiveness across the account.
- Oversees the specific HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) plans, playbooks, and procedures for the account, to make certain they are current, complete, and effectively implemented.
- Monitors HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) regulatory compliance within the account, market area, or geographical/contractual area of responsibility. Communicates all findings, concerns, and deficiencies to the responsible managers to effect timely and necessary corrections. Develops and implements strategic solutions that will support management's efforts to improve and maintain compliance as required.
- Identifies opportunities to reduce costs while enhancing the quality of services.
- Proactively interacts with the client and manages the agreed HSE scope, responsibilities and accountabilities and any HSE related escalations to an agreed solution.
- Manages HSE related performance reporting in line with contractual requirements across the account.
- Supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (Client Code of Conduct) by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance and adhering to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, accreditation and client policies and procedures.
- Provides formal supervision/ management to individual employees on the account, as required.
- Leads by example and models behaviours that are consistent with the company's values.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience.
- Bachelors degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university related field to health, safety and/or environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state and local health and safety, and environmental regulations is essential.
- Direct experience dealing with regulatory agencies and/or compliance officers is required.
- Experience working in building/ property management and critical environments desirable.
- As required by the local authority (if required). Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM), Occupational Health and Safety Technician (OHST) - Preferred