Regional Estates & Data Manager
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 25-Apr-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- Responsible for day to day management of the Client (a large multinational bank) portfolio under CBRE Estate Management team, managing the returning/handover of leased sites to Landlords, processing associated documentation, negotiating new licences and easements, arranging lease renewals with the landlord, undertaking lease surrenders at the expiry of the lease, working with the CBRE teams to undertake portfolio optimization initiatives and keeping and storing accurate files.
- Oversee the development and use of data systems for the client. Discover efficient ways to organize, store and analyze data with attention to security and confidentiality.
- Able to fully grasp the complexity of data management. Strong understanding of databases and data analysis procedures. Should be tech-savvy and possess excellent troubleshooting skills. The goal is to ensure that information flows timely and securely to and from the organization as well as within.
- Lead a team of Estate Managers for the Singapore portfolio
- Lease renewal or extension of current contracts without rent challenge or negotiation
- Sublease Renewal where no marketing and only minor negotiation required
- Lease termination (lease disposal which does not involve negotiation with landlord for e.g. executing end of term termination, executing a right to terminate)
- Purchase options/right of first refusal (advice regarding an existing option/right.
- Monitoring all lease critical dates to ensure that all Client contractual obligations are met
- Develop relationship and work closely with Client, Internal or external Legal, Client Real Estate team, Audit/ Operational Risk and Client’s supply partners
- Develop initiatives at country level
- Managing the handover of Client assets on owned and leased property with support of FM
- Performing site inspections (as needed)
- Prepare business approval documents and related financial analysis
- Managing the eviction process for delinquent lease-out tenants (at Client’s instruction)
- Ensure consistent application of property management standards
- Raise invoice to client on monthly basis ( not relevant to all countries)
- Organize and manage property revaluation (as when required)
- Support Country/ Sub-regional Lead in preparation of budget, forecast exercises, audits, reporting, portfolio planning and finance management.
- Build good relationship with Client landlords/ tenants and resolve Estate Management issues.
- Document Estate Management activities
- Ensure payments are as per contract obligations
- Review and approve lease abstracts form created by Analyst / Lease admin team (where applicable). Review and approve updates created by Portfolio Administration
- Primary “go to” point for the Shared Services Hub/ Finance and lease administration team (Data Management Teams) where applicable
- Work with Data Management Teams to create and enforce policies for effective data management.
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects
- Establish rules and procedures for data sharing with upper management, external stakeholders etc.
- Support others in the daily use of data systems and ensure adherence to legal and company standards
- Assist with reports and data extraction when needed
- Monitor and analyze information, data systems & Data Management Teams to help evaluate their performance to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, upgrades etc.)
- Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data losses
- Troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Degree in Real Estate, Facilities Management, Engineering or related discipline
- Course in computer science or relevant field for Data Management
- 7 + years in the real estate industry
- Account/client management skills
- Candidates with recognised real estate (RICS/ MCR or similar) qualification alongwith course in computer science/Data Management will have distinct advantage
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluency in English and local language
- Must be able to act as Client’s representative in sensitive discussions with local authorities
- Must possess general business financial knowledge