Regional Engineering Manager (SEAA)
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 4-Mar-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Responsible for the day to day practical delivery of best in class operational standards, supporting the Mechanical and Electrical infrastructure, Mission Critical and Non – Critical Environments and facilities.
Operational management of CBRE’s specialist M&E Supply Chain and OEM’s in order to deliver a best in class service resulting in an excellent engineering service provision across their assigned region.
- Responsible for all engineering matters in the sub-regional hub.
- Provide support to the Critical Services Manager (APAC)/ Customer Service Manager (sub-regional), providing tactical and operational delivery reports as well as Supply Partner management and direction across the country or sub-region as required.
- Manage sub-regional incident and escalation, lead engineering problem solving, fault finding and root cause analysis for the region acting as the primary interface with the client, local vendor partner, and other stakeholders.
- Support the management of compliance with in country legislation in terms of statutory maintenance, health, safety and environmental management.
- Support all internal and external audits of critical systems environments, participate in the audit process and ensure the gaps identified are closed in a timely manner.
- Ensure documented processes and procedures are followed in respect of delivering:
- Power down /integrated system testing
- Change control, energy consumption management, load management
- Work authorisation/Permits to work (PTW)
- Critical Engineering Incident Reporting and management
- Attending client meetings where requested
- Contingency planning and disaster recovery
- Prepare the engineering capital budgets, ensure effective management of the Repairs and Maintenance (R&M) portion of the building(s) budget(s), providing budget variance analysis and assisting with annual spend reconciliations.
- Provide financial oversight of respective sub-region and support the in country facility team in their budget forecasting to ensure the financial Key Performance Indicators are met.
- Ensure planned preventative and corrective maintenance activities are carried out based on client maintenance standards/guidelines, delivered to plan, on time and within budget, with particular emphasis on critical maintenance, fire impairment policies, work authorisation and permit process.
- Leverage on CMMS tool to ensure all maintenance activities are logged/scheduled, track, complete and close on time in accordance to the priority and criticality.
- Manages and approves all repair, operating and maintenance contracts within delegated contracting and signing authority and manages supplier and service contract performance.
- Manage on site 24/7 technical team and provide remote support in region for equipment alarms notifications, incident escalation and reporting outside business hours.
- Performs additional job duties as requested.
- Position requires travelling within the sub-region.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent client and supply chain relationship skills.
- Ability to effectively respond to complex inquiries or complaints from clients, line management and supply chain.
- Experience in change control and engineering planning tools and processes.
- Intermediate skill with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Relevant experience managing an engineering service delivery across multiple remote and culturally different locations.
- Familiar with and having experience with and exposure to critical systems, M&E infrastructure and maintenance works such as annual building / power shutdowns and generator full load test requirements.
Qualifications and Education
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering Studies preferable with Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- A minimum of ten years post training experience, five years of which in maintaining critical engineering environments.
- Member of an Engineering related professional institutions i.e. ASHRAE/CIBSE/IEE.
- Good knowledge in Health & Safety requirement, preferable with relevant HSE qualification.