Real Estate Accounting Manager
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 15-Jan-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
At CBRE, our people enjoy the opportunity of working in a global real estate and property services organisation with tremendous scale. Every day you are empowered to be better and this is achieved through the platform and resources you have access to and the ability to work in an inclusive and collaborative environment where you will be challenged to grow and be your best. The incumbent will be a part of the Investment Accounting and Reporting Solutions team.
Overall Job Responsibilities:
- Provide financial reporting services and prepare client financial statement packages for a portfolio of CBRE clients and properties.
- Undertake review work and provide support to direct reports and junior staff.
- Apply cash and accrual accounting principles to prepare, analyse, maintain and deliver complete and accurate financial reports in a timely manner.
- Undertake financial analysis and variance commentary in monthly reporting packs.
- Create and post journal entries; ensure that all expenses, receipts, owner's distributions, funding requests and other transactions for the accounting period have been accurately posted.
- Perform month end reconciliations for GL and TB including:
Perform bank reconciliations for all bank accounts within the portfolio.Participate in budgeting and forecasting, for existing or new property and client transitions.Participate in property tax calculations.Coordinate and participate in year-end audits for the portfolio.Maintain property billings including rental, recurring and sundry charges; assist in managing arrears collectionProcess payment runs including funds requests.Preparation of GST schedules for lodgementOther responsibilities and tasks assigned from time to time.
- Accruals, Prepayments, IFRS adjustment schedules
- Financing / borrowing cost journals
- Fair value movement / adjustment journals
- Acquisition & borrowing costs - capitalising & amortising journals
- Depreciation schedules
- A minimum of 5 years prior accounting & finance experience with at least 2 years in a supervisory role will be an advantage. Experience with real estate accounting software (MRI / Yardi) preferred.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting , Finance, Business related area and/or studying for a professional accounting qualification (ie. CA, CPA or ACCA or equivalent)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Able to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers and to effectively present information.
- Strong organisational and analytical skills.
- An intermediate knowledge of GAAP and IFRS principles
- Ability to work independently and possess initiative, and at the same time can thrive in a team environment.
- Able to meet deadlines of the portfolio's requirements
- Able to multitask and work in a fast paced environment