Project Manager (Smart Buildings Control)
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 6-Mar-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The Project Manager (Smart Buildings Controls) is an integral member of the REWS team responsible for design and consulting on engineering controls and building development projects (new and existing) of varying size and complexity related to control systems, networks and building services systems. The Project Manager will work under the direction of REWS and shall work closely with the BOS Team to:
- Work on existing buildings to classify devices, identify upgrade opportunities, support and review standards creation, create processes for building assessments and other tasks related to existing building control systems upgrades
- Work on future control systems design including working with the team to design buildings that are open, secure, dynamic, flexible and adaptable in its operations, scalable and focused on the user experience. This will require working with manufacturers on road maps.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Provide expert advice on any of the following devices (but not limited to): - HVAC, Sensors, Lighting, Lifts & escalators, Energy, Blind, Irrigation, Weather station, SCADA, Electrical (Metering, UPS, generators), Fire (with code restrictions), Structure, facade, utilities and any other component of the building where devices can be controlled, monitored or sense.
- Work closely with internal team to create a cohesive approach, including: Netops, CorpEng, AV Eng, Security, REWS, FM
- Attend workshops, produce design documentation, attend manufacturer visits and be part of Google’s design teams
- Define (with the team) protocols, technology, device selection guidelines.
- Consultancy into standards that are being developed and will be updated over the next year
- Consultancy on the RFC/Standards and then working with vendors on their roadmaps to meet them for the devices we use/want to use
- Consultancy on building device classification and security
- Planning of deployment and controls upgrades including working with local FMs to agree which component may need to be upgraded and what the upgrade paths are.
- Supporting the FM on 3rd party control system audits and upgrades including tenders
- Operations consultancy
- Presentations/tech talks to the internal teams on expertise
- Consultancy and deployment support for various design and products
- Attend meetings and assist with determination of project requirements
- Creation of design documentation, drawings and specifications
- Work closely with project TPMs to ensure all deliverables and milestones are met
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the client and project team
- Minimum 5 years of experience in controls systems.
- Required: Knowledge and experience in controls engineering, IT and Smart buildings.
- Preferred: Degree or Diploma in Engineering.
- Knowledge of the building development/redevelopment industry, networking, and general IT
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills