A US Fortune 500 company, CBRE is the global leader in real estate services and leverages the industry's most powerful knowledge base to meet the commercial real estate needs of its clients worldwide. Our vision is to be the preeminent, vertically integrated, globally capable real estate service firm. Globally we employ over 40,000 employees and operate in 42 countries.
Global Workplace Solutions
CBRE’s Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) is the leading global provider of real estate outsourcing, with over 300 long-term relationships with corporate, healthcare, and government organizations, delivering facilities management, project management, transaction and portfolio, and consulting services across 350 offices worldwide. Within APAC, GWS works across 14 countries and employs over 11,000 people.
The purpose of this position is to lead individual, multi-disciplined real estate project solutions for clients, with direct accountability for project delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for individual real estate projects including planning, design, construction, occupancy and closeout.
- Demonstrates capability to read, understand and apply standard to moderately complex documents affecting real estate projects, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, project charters, surveys and drawings.
- Interfaces directly with clients to define project requirements. Prepares scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost estimate & budget, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
- Identifies project delivery resources from pre-qualified lists or through individual project qualification process; conducts standard request for proposals; completes bid analysis; recommends resources to clients.
- Leads project delivery resources/team providing project guidance and direction to achieve project goals.
- Implements communication plan for meetings and written reports/meeting minutes to keep client and project resources informed.
- Implements project documentation governance aligned with company and Client requirements. Ensure project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
- Tracks progress of each project against goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines. Reports status and variances. Creates action plans to meet objectives, budget and schedule.
- Implements change management routines to assess change requests, make recommendations, secure client approvals, and issue change orders. Assesses change requests to determine impacts to scope, budget, schedule, quality and risk.
- Demonstrates ability to identify project risks, develop risk mitigation and contingency plans, and implement action plans to reduce or eliminate project risks.
- Other duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. May lead project teams and/or plan, and supervise assignments of lower level employees. Manages 3rd party project delivery resources/team. Responsible for identifying training needs, tracking performance, coaching, and motivating team members.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from College or University in a technical area of study. Minimum four years of related experience and/or training.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to effectively present information.
Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to read and understand architectural drawings. Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts, and construction practices.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines.