Project Manager (Banking) - GWS
Hong Kong Island , Hong Kong
Date published: 22-May-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversees all projects in region executed by local CBRE Project Delivery Teams.
- The term “project” includes all types of commercial and critical environment works such as:
- new offices fit-outs,
- new build projects,
- new data centre projects either dedicated/stand-alone DC or BCP sites
- significant move, adds & churn projects
- Providing support to the Global PjM lead and Regional Account Director providing regional accountability for the successful management & execution of the MSA project management deliverables.
- Regional custodian of the account Playbook.
- Provide Real Estate Strategy solutions – working in partnership with the Global TM & FM team reviewing current regional portfolio and offering solutions improving productivity and cost savings
- Support Global initiatives Prepare and Manage Annual Budgeting and CAPEX
- In association with the local CBRE team oversee local project delivery in terms of Health & Safety compliance.
- Liaison and co-ordination with Transaction & FM account team on pipeline and real estate activity.
- Engagement and management of Technical Due Diligence consultants as required by projects.
- Responsible for co-ordinating all PjM activity within the region.
- Management of the PjM project tracker & pipeline report in region for weekly client review meetings.
- Development of a high level Project Briefing Statement (detailed Project brief to be developed by the variable team in country following appointment and initial investigation) including identifying/agreeing Project Stakeholders with the Client & Regional Account Director.
- Initial Budget creation – initial budget created based on historic benchmark rates for location and the Briefing Statement.
- Developing high level project timeline estimates.
- Identification of preferred Procurement & Communication Strategy.
- For TM led projects support & Business Case approval process. For project’s without a lease component initiate and co-ordinate the preparation of each Project CAPEX Business Case for approval.
- Engaging local CBRE Project Management in accordance with MSA.
- Engaging & co-ordinating MGL Stakeholders required for project delivery MOT(IT), Security, Legal, Engineering, Workplace Design, Branding & Artwork.
- Approve RFP’s before issue, ensure alignment with MSA, Resource Evaluation and manage MGL approvals for project team recommendations.
- Monitoring Design Consultant Procurement.
- Outline the Design Review Process with both Stakeholders and Consultants
- Monitoring of Design Process and Deliverables
- Monitoring the Management of Authority Submissions – Architectural, Engineering, Construction, Fire and Safety
- Oversee Main Contractor Procurement – Approve Tender Analysis, Evaluation and Recommendations for MGL approval.
- Approve and Report Detailed Budget Formation (once main contractor is awarded)
- Budget Monitoring – Cost Control, Invoice Checking and Recommendations for Main Contractor and Direct Vendors through regular and scheduled financial reviews
- Monitoring of Risk Management and Risk Schedule creation
- Invoice approvals.
- Monitoring and 1st Stage approvals of Variation/Change Orders (time and Cost evaluation)
- Monitoring Variation Order Log.
- Tracking of Project Master Programme and Milestone achievement/adherence (developed by local PJM delivery team)
- Quality Control Management – Track and ensure Adherence to Design, Quality Standards
- Fortnightly Project Reporting to in accordance with Playbooks including updated Project Status Reports (PSR), Project Programme, Budget Status & Risk Schedule.
- Monitoring Defects List Development, Rectification and Sign-off
- Monitoring Move Management
- Maintain a project data base and lessons learnt to share with variable PJM teams before the commencement of new projects.
- Manage the local project team to complete the project close out process.
- A degree in Construction/Architecture or Real Estate related is preferred.
- Holding a Professional membership such as MRCIS, MHKIS, MHKIE, MCIOB, MCIBSE or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years experience in the management of building construction consultancy.
- Experience & proven track record of working in Asia and multi-cultural environments.
- Design management experience/awareness of modern corporate workplace environments.