Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 6-Aug-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The Product Owner works within the agile process and is the final authority for decisions regarding priority, business value, and functionality for all the work done by the Agile development team. The Product Owner possesses an in-depth knowledge of goals and desired objectives of both business and project.
Liaison & Communication
- Ably represents, interfaces with and engages business users.
- Acts as a fully integrated delivery team member.
- Uses clear goals to communicate the project vision at the beginning of every release and sprint so that both delivery team and business understands and is equipped to realize it.
- Works with and is authorised by business to make business decisions
- and clearly communicates requirements and acceptance criteria through epics and stories.
- Communicates delivery status to the business.
- Creates, maintains, prioritise, and sequences the product backlog based on business value and ROI.
- Creates user stories and acceptance tests granular and detailed enough for completion within a single sprint.
- Prioritise user stories by business value.
- Decides which user stories are scheduled into sprints.
- Participates in project planning, backlog grooming, daily stand-up meetings (scrums), reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Reviews deliverable and demonstrable work items after every sprint, and has the authority to accept or reject.
- Develops and maintains testing and progress visibility standards.
- Provides progress reporting.
- Assists as needed with backlog maintenance.
- Assists with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Assists with prioritisation and resolution of defects / bugs.
- Is always accessible and participates proactively and constantly in the team activities.
- Steers the product to ensure delivery of business value.
- Is visible, vocal, and objective.
- Provides encouragement, recognition, and support to the team.
- Terminates the sprint if a drastic change-in-direction is required.
- Changes the course of the project at the end of the sprint if necessary.
Formal Education & Certification
Four-year college diploma or university degree in computer systems design or computer science, and/or ten years equivalent work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- Two or more years project experience and five or more years of experience in related stakeholder function.
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of the software development life-cycle.
- In-depth knowledge of testing practices and techniques.
- Understanding of organisation's development platform and languages.
- Ability to understand technical issues.
- Excellent, all-round communicator.
- Advanced negotiation skills.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities and tasks as delegated
- Team-player with the ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types.
- Ability to coach the team to reach their highest potential.
- Creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems.
- Collaborative in driving decisions.
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Some travel may be required for inter-office software and system applications management.