Planner, APAC Senior Occupancy
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 22-Jan-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- The purpose of this position is to provide complex research, data mining/analysis, reporting and interpretation of space planning metrics in an effort to provide recommendations and proposed solutions for a client's occupancy needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes space requirements and provides conceptual space plans and recommendations to real estate team(s) and/or stake holders; demonstrates responsiveness to service requests, innovation and creativity in delivering facility services. Prepares block or stack plan(s); charter(s) and move lists.
- Produces drawings and presentations for internal stakeholder(s) and client facing steering committee meetings (Workplace Managers, Business Unit Directors, Leadership, etc.) for review and feedback; involves project management staff as appropriate for move and construction services.
- Conducts analysis and review of work area(s) affected by move planning to ensure that current location(s) and office availability at destination location(s) is reflected accurately. Collaborates with other team members to gain business intelligence. Responsible for occupancy data within the system of record. May be required to manage space walks for validation and update of occupancy metrics.
- Partners with other departments on move and relocation sequencing and execution. Liaise with Change Management teams as needed.
- Develops scenario space planning tools/models (exit/maintain/grow). Prepares forecasts and analyzes space planning trends in general business conditions. Engages with client(s) on programming data, program/load neighborhood tool(s), develop neighborhood(s), adjacency diagram(s), stack plan(s), etc.
- Partners with Architectural Vendors and Project Management to investigates code requirements and city or county permits when moving or reconfiguring office space. Makes recommendations to Management on necessary space planning code changes and/or requirements and updates.
- Attends client meetings; drafts meeting minutes and obtains approvals to proceed when required. Conducts interviews and discussions with client(s) to gather, coordinate and synthesize project requirements, functional, operational and cultural issues.
- Facilitates post-occupancy support and reviews to ensure deliverables were executed and client’s expectations were met. Evaluates outcomes and implements procedures for improvement. Identifies opportunities for improvements by and among the clients and/or companies. Transitions project(s) to the Sustaining Management Team and team as needed.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for key systems/processes in subject teams and day-to-day functions. May mentor and train team as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university. Master's degree preferred. Minimum five years experience directly related to the delivery of strategic planning services; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- AutoCAD drawing experience is required.
- CAFM software experience is preferred.
- Professional Registration in Architecture or Interior Design preferred.
- Certification in Corporate Real Estate, LEED or Facilities Management preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, desktop publishing and CAD/CAFM software including MS Office Suite (MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel & Visio).
- Familiar with system furniture design and modular furniture while demonstrating knowledge and adherence to building regulations and health & safety guidelines.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely and reliable service to client(s). Ability to present information in an effective way. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues. Ability to collaborate, problem solve and multi-task. Ability to adapt to change when necessary.