Hong Kong Island , Hong Kong
Date published: 22-Jan-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
This position is responsible for administering and managing monthly payroll and human resources data processing functions for salaried, or/and hourly personnel. Directly responsible for accurate and timely maintenance and audit of master file, payroll related transactions, payroll processing and delivery.
- Organises and distributes data from system transactions.
- Processes termination and new hire check list for payroll processing.
- Prepares spreadsheet of off cycle runs for external departments.
- Coordinates and completes paperwork for special check handling.
- Audits payroll transactions in system for accuracy.
- Administers timely and accurate regular payroll processing items, including on-cycle, off-cycle, and bonus items while maintaining strict confidentiality of information reviewed and processed.
- Processes special or exception items, including reversals, voids, deductions and quarterly/year-end payroll items.
- Prepares, reviews and takes appropriate action on audit reports to verify data integrity. Prepares ad-hoc reports using human resources information systems (HRIS) system information.
- Researches, validates and corrects employee data in payroll system delivering a high level of quality customer service. Works with department members, management and/or employees to identify issues and achieve timely resolutions.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Diploma or degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or any other related disciplines
- 3 to 5 years full service payroll experience, solid payroll processing experience required.
- Able to handle large volume headcounts
- PeopleSoft knowledge required. Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, memos and to ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers and/or supervisor.
- Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees."
- Good command of spoken and written English, Chinese (including Mandarin)
- Knowledge of payroll processes including data entry, pay calculations, tax and benefits etc. Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
- Ability to solve problems involving complex options in variable situations. Requires basic analytical skills.
- Good knowledge in Employment Ordinances, tax regulation and MPF Schemes Ordinance
- Action-orientated, detail minded and organised
- Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.