Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 19-Nov-2018
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The Project Management Office (PMO) lead is the single point of contact for a client undertaking both strategic and function roles in the management of portfolio and pipeline CAPEX projects across Asia Pacific.
The PMO Lead ensures adequate governance managing information both upstream and downstream focused on both the continuous improvement of the clients operations as well as the management of client portfolio including executive oversight on all CAPEX projects. The PMO lead is required to identify opportunities, whilst leveraging the local Project Management teams for local knowledge, project delivery while reporting to the Global Head of Projects and/or Regional Head of Real Estate.
- Develop a continuous improvement plan for the client with the view to enhance existing processes and identifying areas for development and process improvement.
- Adding value through the utilization best practices and benchmarking to create the most client relevant reporting tools and achieve productivity and efficiency.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with project owners, business functions, IT, vendors and other project stakeholders
- Develop overall programme strategy for delivery, including dependencies and interfaces with all involved parties and pro-actively manage its delivery.
- Prepare and manage Annual Budgeting and CAPEX with cash flows.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to create variety of different presentation types including cost-benefit analysis, strategic planning/decision-making, project status updates and others.
- Responsibility of knowledge transfer and on-boarding of local project management teams including project governance, process and templates.
- Responsibility for ensuring delivery and the appropriate governance of all projects and programmes with multiple projects running concurrently.
- Overseeing the initiation, coordination, planning and approval of all projects, ensuring that benefits and risk are identified, quantified and documented in the Project Business Case.
- Managing the production of accurate, consistent and timely plans, reports and management information to the stakeholders.
- Managing and approving the proposed project management resource requirements, ensuring budgets are forecast and managed as well as clearly and concisely reported.
- Conduct project kick-off meetings, communicate individual roles and project expectations and serve as a single point of contact for projects.
- Minimum of 10 years’ proven experience in a similar role. Ideally at least 2 years’ experience of successfully running and delivering complex and multi-location projects across the full project lifecycle for corporate clients.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility, resilience and ability to effectively communicate and work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders.
- Experienced in identifying, escalating and mitigating risks and resolving issues and other concerns.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions while meeting time sensitive deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and management skills.