Offshore Legal Counsel - APAC
Wilayah Persekutuan , Malaysia
Date published: 21-Aug-2018
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review, draft and revise client agreements, contracts confidentiality agreements, RFPs, vendor contracts and other legal instruments for review and approval by designated members of the Legal Departments.
- Ability to identify and analyze legal issues as they relate to the Company’s activities.
- Adhere to the Company “playbook” and procedures for drafting and reviewing Company agreements.
EDUCATION, BAR ADMISSION AND EXPERIENCE
- Licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction of the Offshore Counsel’s place of business and a minimum of three to five years’ experience practicing law.
- Experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts. Experience relevant to the Company’s business, such as sales, leasing, brokerage law or other commercial real estate transactions, would be helpful.
- The position requires excellent multi-tasking skills, good and practical decision-making ability, and the ability to handle a high volume of transactions.
- Responsiveness to the APAC Legal Department staff is paramount.
- Ability to identify key legal and business issues quickly and strong drafting skills are required and to comfortably and accurately discuss and explain legal analysis in English to Company’s lawyers.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of options in routine business situations.
- Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the Company.
- Ability to identify and respond effectively and timely to sensitive issues. Relevant commercial acumen. Team player.
- Ability to and enjoy working with different teams in/from different countries.