The key roles and responsibilities of a Manager / Senior Manager in the Capital Markets -Investment Advisory Services team are to:
I. Conduct and manage independent research and analysis for advisory and transaction-related mandates.
II. Lead on the production of presentations, advisory reports, market briefs, and financial models, under the supervision of Director.
III. Lead on the business development initiatives of the team, including preparation of pitch materials, project introductions, capability statements, and proposals, under the supervision of Director.
IV. Liaise with both existing and potential clients regarding assignments being or to be undertaken by the Department.
V. Assist with business development and client relationship management initiatives as required.
VI. Carry out any other assignments as directed by Director, Investment Advisory Services – China or other senior representatives of the Capital Markets team.
1. To conduct research for investment advisory and other consulting reports/presentations and the production of such reports/presentations. This includes the analysis and collection of field research data, preparation of text for inclusion in reports, and the building of databases and financial models as required by clients.
2. To execute and manage investment advisory mandates and support relevant transaction related activities of the department. You should ensure that assignment deadlines are met with high-quality research and analysis, and contribute to positive outcomes for our clients.
3. To ensure a high quality and accuracy of all assignments being assigned or secured, and develop project level quality control procedures to insure systematic review of work produced.
4. To follow guidelines and carry out instructions from the Director – IAS and team leaders in IAS, working as part of a cohesive team to identify business opportunities and enhance the profitability of the Company through the timely, effective and appropriate provision of research, advisory, and transaction support.
5. To carry out any other assignments or business development initiatives as directed by the Director – IAS – China and other senior representatives of the Capital Markets team.
• Native Chinese language skills and excellent English language skills with the ability to succinctly articulate research findings and opinions in both Chinese and English.
• Four (4) to Six (6) years of relevant experience; ability to effectively work in a multi-cultural environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field from top-tier University; overseas and/or Masters degree preferred.
• Solid understanding of fundamental real estate skills, preferably across various asset classes (i.e. office, retail, logistics, hotel, residential).
• Fully versed in investment topics, including ability to identify the risks and expected returns associated with individual investment opportunities.
• Clear understanding of real estate related financial analysis methodologies and modeling, including cash flow analysis and other financial investment analysis methodologies.
• Knowledge of real estate fund structures, including offshore, onshore and typical fee structures and investment strategies.
• A high degree of mathematical skills and accuracy in calculations.
• Strong research and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to lead a small team.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint