Legal Counsel, GWS APAC
Metro Manila , Philippines
Date published: 1-Aug-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Under general supervision, responsible for handling a variety of moderately complex assigned legal projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews, negotiates and drafts contracts, office leases and other legal documents related to commercial real estate, and specifically areas of brokerage and property management.
- Provides legal counsel and guidance to managers, executives and employees on legal aspects of the Company’s various business lines.
- Investigates claims and complaints by or against the Company, including interviewing relevant parties and preparing reports based on findings.
- Manages own litigation brought by and against the Company and monitors outside counsel retained for matters as needed.
- Maintains current knowledge of the law in areas of special interest to the Company.
- Conducts legal training sessions and assists in the preparation of training materials for the Company’s lines of business.
- Other job-related duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Juris Doctorate with a minimum of 5 years of in-house or private practice experience.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
- Member of State Bar in good standing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple tasks and set priorities with excellent follow-up skills and organization. Some litigation background helpful, as well as experience in supervising outside counsel and monitoring litigation.