Lead Facilities Engineer- Mckinley Taguig
Philippines , Philippines
Date published: 12-Jun-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Job Description Summary
Similar to an Engineer, this position is expected to support the Assistant and/or Chief Engineer in the day-to-day maintenance, repair, and efficient operation of all building systems and equipment. As the Lead Engineer, the position will take responsibility for coordinating the work of other Engineers on assigned requests for work, assigning priorities, delegating to appropriate engineering staff or contractors, if required, and following-up on completion of work. The Lead Engineer will also be expected to perform routine maintenance and repairs of all HVAC, boiler, heating, refrigeration, water, and energy systems to ensure the effective operation of the facility.
- Will perform operational, maintenance, and repair work and may also assign and supervise the duties performed by building engineers, review their daily work requests, document areas of consistent problems and forward to supervisor daily recommending corrective action and contractor involvement, if necessary.
- Authorize and direct engineers to make corrective actions as necessary to ensure tenant comfort and safety.
- May be required to develop, communicate, and monitor plant operations budgets in a manner that supports the financial expectations of supervisor.
- May be required to prepare initial plant operation budget drafts and recommend to supervisor actions necessary to improve tenant survey results and determine how they will affect the budget.
- Assess operational, maintenance, and repair needs of all boilers, heaters, pumps, valves, appurtenances and lines used in the distribution of steam and heated or processed water and ensure all necessary work is performed.
- Assess operational, maintenance and repair needs of refrigerant compressors, condensers, evaporators, traps, transfer pumps, expansion valves, stop valves, float valves, together with all refrigerant lines and devices used to control temperature, and air conditioning systems in their entirety and ensure all necessary work is performed.
- Assess operational, maintenance and repair needs of pumps handling water or other secondary refrigerating liquids together with all valves, appurtenances and lines used in the system and ensure all necessary work is performed.
- Assess operational, maintenance and repair needs of air compressors, together with distribution lines and all valves and devices for air control and ensure all necessary work is performed.
- Assess operational, maintenance and repair needs of all natural and manufactured gas distribution lines, including all valves and control devices and ensure all necessary work is performed.
- Assess operational, maintenance and repair needs of water filters, softeners, piping and pumps used in conjunction with water distribution, including all sinks and toilet bowls, including all supply lines, drains, water lines, control devices and sprinkler systems and ensure all necessary work is performed.
- Assess operational, maintenance and repair needs of all types of electrical motors and engines used to power pumps, compressors and fans and ensure all necessary work is performed
- Maintenance of elevators except where this type of equipment is serviced and maintained by specialized contractors.
- Assess operation, maintenance and repair needs of building automation systems for HVAC, including consoles, data gathering panels, remote sensors and indicating devices and ensure all necessary work is performed.
- Preferably a degree holder of Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in commercial building operations and maintenance.
- Prior supervisory experience is required.
- Experience in operation, maintenance and basic repair of HVAC, boilers, heaters, pumps, refrigerant systems, compressors, gas lines, water systems, and the like.
- Knowledgeable in energy management systems, techniques and operations.
- Thorough knowledge in all building systems operations, maintenance and repair.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with tenants, clients and vendors.
- Possess any permits or licenses required by law or code (e.g., refrigeration license, etc.).
- Must be able and willing to work in shifting schedule
- Must be amenable to work in Mckinley, Taguig