Junior Technical Officer
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 2-May-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- Lead a team of technicians in trouble shooting, preventive maintenance and breakdown maintenance works.
- Have strong understanding and experience of the electrical and mechanical systems used in building management system, including: UPS systems, Battery banks, WWTP, Car park system, Chillers and cooling towers, Air handling units, Fire Alarm systems, and Fire Suppression systems.
- Lab inventory and ensure spares is available.
- Trained in the operation, fact finding and troubleshoot of all critical facility systems. Areas include Electrical, Mechanical, Building Monitoring, Fire and Controls.
- Have situational awareness, monitor and respond to abnormal conditions in critical facility systems.
- Be the first responder to fire alerts, equipment alarms and facility events, able to stay after working hour when required.
- Provide detailed reports for any/all incidents on site.
- Ensure all subcontractors are inducted and permitted to work according with the client's standards. As required escort third-party vendor to work locations and ensure area is safe to perform work.
- Review subcontractor method statements, risk assessments and MSDS to ensure compliance with site health & safety and operating procedures.
- Carry out vendor inspections, check/monitor quality of work, review data/service reports to include all break/fix, P.M.’s and project work on site.
- Update and close all activities in FMP.
- Provide details for the daily report, RA and BOS.
- Follow up & close out any open hazards that are assigned.
- Computer literate with the ability to compile and submit monthly reports, and to monitor and trend operational characteristics.
- Able to communicate effectively internally and externally with the client and with contractors and have written communication skills.
- Any other ad hoc duties as and when directed by management
Qualifications and Education
- Min ITC in Mechanical Engineering or related studies.
- Around 5 years of experience in facilities management
- Strong Mechanical and Electrical knowledge and skills
- Must have good communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers and clients.