Who we are – Global Workplace Solutions (GWS), CBRE
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2017 revenues of $14.2 billion and more than 80,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #207 in 2018. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 17 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” in the real estate sector for six years in a row.
The GWS business line works closely with clients to develop solutions that make real estate a meaningful contributor to organizational productivity and performance. We believe that every place of work can be a competitive advantage for our clients. Productivity, reliability, engagement, safety, brand – the workplace enables business results whether work happens in an office, retail, laboratory, manufacturing, or virtual location. For more information visit: https://www.cbre.com/real-estate-services/directory/global-workplace-solutions
About the Role & Key Responsibilities
In-house role with commercial law focus | Opportunity to act as a legal advisory partner supporting the Asia Pacific GWS portfolio | Work alongside talented and dedicated senior lawyers in an international legal team
Here’s a snapshot of your day:
- Be part of a successful team and business within a large global professional services company.
- Be empowered to work autonomously within a supportive team environment.
- Work as a trusted legal advisor and business partner.
- Utilise your strong commercial acumen and interpersonal skills to effectively partner with our business teams across Asia Pacific.
- Assist Commercial Counsel with local contract reviews and support regional / global high-value and complex contract negotiations with multi-jurisdictional elements.
- Support Commercial Counsel in managing legal and commercial exposure and ensure that local deals and agreed commercials are accurately reflected in agreements.
- Support business initiatives and projects as required.
Requirements for the Roles
Here are some of the strengths you’ll have to help us deliver:
- Qualified lawyer from a reputable university with 1 to 3 years of post-qualification experience (either in law firms or an in-house legal department). Experience in a multi-national environment is beneficial but not essential.
- Knowledge of commercial contracts, strong contract drafting and negotiation skills with prior in-house experience preferred.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work alone yet alongside the team.
- Able to work independently and is reliable under high pressure, possessing exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Practical, commercially-minded, a strong work ethic and a positive team attitude.
- Adaptable, quick learner and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Understands business needs well and collaborates well with stakeholders to provide solutions.
- Good ability to think strategically and in economic, complex and international business relations contexts.
- Highly motivated, with good interpersonal and communication skills and team spirit.
- Strong capabilities in networking and interacting in an international team.