Junior Facilities Technician / Handyman, Downtown - MBFC
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 23-Aug-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Purpose of Role
This role is responsible for:
- Ensuring that all facilities within the building are operated and maintained
- Technically, cost-effectively and safely in accordance with the approved budget and the customer's requirements to fulfill FM contractual obligations.
- Undertaking maintenance procedures, regular checks and routine inspections as required by the contract.
- Assisting and enhancing service delivery through best practice and the effective use of site systems and equipment.
- Ensuring that the building is maintained to a high standard at all times.
- Carrying out first fix repairs to the fabric of the building as required.
- Maintaining the stock levels of all general maintenance kit.
- Carrying out personal risk assessments of maintenance and repair activities.
- Managing Third Party Contractors.
- Fulfilling Helpdesk Requests and complete service reports and job closures.
- Resolving faults on general office equipment where possible
- Meet Stipulated Response and Resolution Time as per the SLA
- Reporting any Health and Safety issues that may arise to the FM.
- Deliver goods received in accordance with the local procedure.
- Carry out meeting room setting up
- Assist in self-perform any simple MAC (Moves Adds and changes) activities within the capabilities as instructed
- Undertake any additional duties as assigned by superiors as and when need arises
- On call 24/7 to respond to any Facilities Services related emergency
Qualifications and Educations:
- At least a diploma from Junior college or with good job experience from the field similar to site requirement.
- Basic command of written and spoken English.
- Must be self-motivated and able to supervise out-tasked works.
- Suitably qualified and experienced in a customer focused environment.
- Should have service professionalism and mindset of exploring opportunities on self-perform tasks on site.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Well-organized and able to work independently.
- Be attentive to details and willing to learn.
- Punctual, presentable, mature, pleasant personality, helpful and willing to accept responsibilities.
- Basic knowledge of electrical/mechanical maintenance and practical experience or working in a similar role.
- Have a positive and proactive approach to work and able to work using initiative and as part of Facilities Management team.
- Immediate available is highly preferable