Internship - Reliability Engineer (CBRE-SIT IWSP 1-Year Internship Collaboration)
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 16-May-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The prime purpose of the Reliability Engineer position is to identify the pro-active maintenance
requirements for assets, increase plant and equipment productivity, maximise reliability performance in the most sustainable way possible and to both capture and develop any opportunities to improve processes, whilst reducing total cost.
It is expected that this role will further develop the data analysis program underway to both drive the maintenance strategy required and to report on all activities fully using current technologies available and looking for any future technologies that may enhance and improve the maintenance strategy.
This position will spend part 50% of their time working with CBRE and 50% working with our Client directly so that they receive a complete understanding of the processes/ways of working from both.
- Works with Engineering/Project team to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations. The Reliability Engineer is responsible for;
- Ensuring that the Life Cycle Asset Management (LCAM) process is put in place and reported on for all new assets.
- Guides efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, facilities, controls, and safety/security systems.
- Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors and refines an Asset Maintenance Plan that includes:
- - Value-added preventive maintenance tasks
- - Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems
- Provides input to a Risk Management Plan that will anticipate reliability-related, and non-reliability-related risks that could adversely impact plant operation.
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations. These problems include capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues.
Qualification / Knowledge and Skills Required
- Recognised Technical qualification in an engineering discipline (preferably mechanical or electrical) or equivalent knowledge & experience – or working towards it
- Knowledge of Maintenance Reliability process and activities
- Computer skills
- Knowledge/experience of Maintenance Management Systems
- On-the-training and guidance will be given