Provides strategic direction for a large portfolio of properties and clients in a region within a single market or a smaller, single market. Identifies, targets and develops new business opportunities. Directs operations to meet revenue and operating income targets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the business unit's financial performance. Recommends strategy and tactics for achieving objectives. Provides market analysis and asset positioning consultation. Assists in acquisition underwriting and due diligence.
- Develops new business opportunities from client identification and solicitation, proposal development and presentation.
- Maintains ongoing relationship with clients, ensuring that objectives are being met. Anticipates and responds to client's needs.
- Supervises the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts, management plans, monthly performance reports, and variance reports. Ensures the delivery of accuracy, timely, and complete reports.
- Ensures periodic regular property inspection. Recommends and/or approves alterations, maintenance and reconditioning as necessary. Contracts for and supervises vendor services as required.
- Supervises the planning, budgeting and control of operating and capital expenditures. Oversees and approves the calculation of all special billings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Manages the planning, organization, and controls for a major functional area or department. May be responsible for a mix of direct and matrix reports. Approves subordinate's recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval. Monitors appropriate staffing levels and reports on utilization and deployment of human resources. Leads and supports staff in areas of staffing, selection, training, development, coaching, mentoring, measuring, appraising and rewarding performance and retention. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university and a minimum of 10 years of related experience and/or training.
- Real Estate Salesperson License required. Professional designation such as CPM, CCIM, RPA and/or FMA preferred.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Reviews complex financial/business analysis and reports prepared by subordinates. Ability to analyze the most complex business/financial data and develop innovative solutions. Develops and implements financial policies and procedures. Approves and oversees department budget.
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of leases, contracts, financial instruments, tax laws, and construction.