Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 1-Jan-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- The purpose of this position is to implement and manage HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) programs relative to a large international corporate account for their Asia Pacific region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advises on HSE programs and initiatives to meet regulatory requirements and HSE needs of a client account(s). Evaluates new and existing programs to assess suitability and the need for changes, as appropriate.
- Working closely with client Senior Management, assists with implementing Global HSE Strategy, to ensure consistency throughout the company.
- Performs HSE activities using a risk management based approach, focusing on facilities where safety requirements are most critical.
- Recommends, develops and implements HSE programs and initiatives to meet regulatory requirements and HSE needs of the client account.
- Provides continued support for HSE Audit & Compliance Reviews, and helps correct any improvement areas previously identified.
- Monitors health and safety and environmental regulatory compliance within the Asia Pacific region, and advises client on necessary activities. Communicates all findings, concerns, and deficiencies to the responsible managers to affect timely and necessary corrections. Assist in the development and implementation of strategic solutions that will support management's efforts to improve and maintain compliance as required.
- Monitors injury, illness, and incident related performance within the Asia Pacific region, or other assigned area of responsibility. Monitors performance for trends or other indicators of improving or degrading incident performance and develops and implements strategic solutions that will improve the performance results as required.
- Oversees HSE plans, playbooks, and procedures for the account, market area, or assigned area of responsibility. Ensures information is current, complete and effectively implemented.
- Assists with the implementation of HSE training.
- Assists in identifying opportunities to reduce costs while enhancing quality of services for a client/account.
- Promotes safety consciousness among employees by providing accurate and informative data and metrics, conducting safety meetings, giving timely feedback, on safety suggestions and visibly supporting the safety program.
- Acts as a resource to staff and employees as an HSE subject matter expert.
- Supports Emergency Response Team activities, business continuity, emergency and disaster preparedness efforts, as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelors degree (BA/BS) in HSE from four-year college or university. Minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Asia Pacific regional and local health and safety, and environmental regulations is essential. Direct experience dealing with regulatory agencies and / or compliance officers is preferred.
- Experience working in any one or multiples of the following is preferred: Data centers, call centers, large office environments, telecommunications, financial services, pharmaceutical / biotechnology, construction, and facility maintenance and management.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM), Occupational Health and Safety Technician (OHST) - Preferred (or a combination of the above)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents, including laws, regulations and court findings. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- A strong customer service skillset is required. Ability to assist with emergency incident management and response is preferred.