Date published: 5-Oct-2018
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The purpose of this position is to assist in the development of procedures and operational guidance within the HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides specific support for monitoring injury, illness, and incident related performance. Supports the development and implementation of strategic solutions which may improve the performance results as required.
- Examines permits, licenses, applications, and records to ensure compliance with HSE requirements.
- Prepare, organize, and maintain inspection records. Investigates complaints and suspected violations. Monitors follow-up actions in cases where violations were found, and reviews compliance monitoring reports.
- Supports the specific HSE plans, playbooks, and procedures as assigned by manager/supervisor.
- Informs management team and client/groups and/or employees of control regulations and inspection findings, and explains how violations can be corrected.
- Supports and aides in cost reduction and quality improvement initiatives as directed.
- May act as a HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) SME (Subject Matter Expert) for client and/or the field.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Diploma or degree level, preferably in Engineering studies, i.e. Mechanical & Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, etc.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant HSE operational experience
- Mechanical & Electrical working experience preferred
- Working experience in life science, pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing background an added advantage
- Recognized professional qualification in health & safety management is preferred (e.g. Registered WSH Officer / Approved WSH Auditor / FSM)
- Recognized relevant professional qualification in fire safety and environmental management would be a distinct advantage (e.g. FSM / Registered EC officer)
- Experience of working in a number of the following areas in a client facing Health, Safety and Environment compliance
- Excellent communication skills