At CBRE, our people enjoy the flexibility of working in a global real estate and property services organization with tremendous scale. Every day you are empowered to be better and this is achieved through the platform and resources you have access to and the ability to work in an inclusive and collaborative environment where you will be challenged to grow and be your best every day.
With CBRE specialists managing more than 2.7 billion square feet worldwide, we have streamlined operations, reduced costs, increased cash flow and strategically positioned assets throughout the most diverse and challenging markets. We understand that every asset is unique – with distinct tenants, customized technology and specific needs. Each and every day, we leverage best practices and real-time data to maximize building operational performance.
We have a rare opportunity for a seasoned Health and Safety professional to join our team. The Regional HSE Director is a key multi-functional role in developing operational solutions to delivering Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality excellence across the Property Management line of business. The successful candidate will be an HSE industry leader, responsible for leading and managing a team of Safety Champions/Officers delivering HSE programs across APAC. Key to success is the ability to develop policies, procedures and operational guidance that will be focused around incident prevention, risk management, operational and regulatory compliance that enhances the reputation and service delivery of CBRE.
- Leads the development and implementation of a strategic plan and solutions that will support management's efforts to improving and maintaining compliance and driving best in class HSE programs.
- Responsible for ensuring a consistent approach in developing documentation in line with the requirements of ISO 14001, ISO 9001 and ISO 18001 across APAC, in accordance with ethical guidelines and corporate HSE related policies, standards, line of business Standards and client requirements.
- Lead the reporting, recording and investigation of HSEQ related accidents and incidents based on reducing accident exposures and risk reduction, including root cause analysis across Property Management (APAC).
- Implementation of HSEQ policies, procedures and management systems and programs which are compliant with industry best practice and where appropriate, ISO certified management systems, making the systems/programs innovative and market leading.
- Lead the monitoring of injury, illness, and incident related performance across Property Management (Asia). Conduct trend analysis and develop and implement strategic solutions that will improve performance results.
- Lead the HSEQ oversight and audit activities across Property Management (Asia) and ensures accurate reporting and closure of corrective actions Monitors HSEQ (Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality) regulatory compliance across the accounts in the Asia markets and communicates all findings, concerns, and deficiencies to the responsible leaders/ managers to effect timely and necessary corrections.
- From a HSEQ perspective, support business growth across Property Management (APAC), working collaboratively with the various Client Solution Teams and building relationships with potential and existing clients.
- Lead the HSEQ transition activities across accounts/ sites in APAC to ensure a consistent and compliant approach.
- Assist in identifying opportunities to reduce costs while enhancing quality of HSE related services.
- Promote safety consciousness among senior management, property managers and employee groups.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Significant experience of operating at both managerial and operational levels particularly across Asia, with an understanding the legislative frameworks across the various markets
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a technical subject, ideally in HSE/safety science/ safety engineering.
- Recognized national professional qualification in health & safety management is preferred
- Audit experience essential.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and local health and safety, and environmental regulations is essential.
- Experience working in manufacturing, oil and gas, construction and/or Property/Facilities Management related discipline is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond effectively to sensitive issues. Proven ability to manage and report against a budget.