Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Accounts Receivable: Drive end-to-end client billing, collections and receipting.
- Ensure clear understanding of client accounts’ billing requirements (based on client-specific commercial models).
- Work with local finance (APAC) to ensure local invoicing requirements are met, e.g. China (fapiao), India, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Philippines, Malaysia etc.
- Work with appropriate internal stakeholders to drive collection/payment of invoices – including accurate and timely receipting.
- Perform bank reconciliation to ensure accuracy and completeness of cash receipting.
• Accounts Payable: Drive vendor invoice processing and payment.
- Manage 3rd party service provider (vendor invoice processing) to ensure accuracy and timeliness of AP invoice posting.
- Manage cash/funding (Treasury) to ensure vendor invoice payments are processed accurately, completely and in a timely manner.
- Provide payment entries for accurate and timely payment posting (before GL close of each APAC country).
- Perform bank reconciliation to ensure accuracy and completeness of cash payments.
- Request quarterly fund transfer from client-dedicated bank/trust accounts back to corporate.
GL / Reporting / Closing: Drive or support GL and reporting (closing) activities.
- Revenue accruals / deferrals
- Cost accruals / prepayment amortisation
- P&L review
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- Month end reporting
- Journal/adjustment entries for accurate close
- Annual budget/forecasting (as well as quarterly forecast updates)
• Education: Diploma in Accounting, Finance or related field is an advantage.
• Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in finance / accounting.
• Attention to detail, highly organized and methodical in your approach to work and the ability to deliver high-quality work under pressure and on time.
• Must be team and results oriented with high level of commitment.
• Excellent inter-personal/communication skills.
• Proficiency in English. Ability to effectively interact with and adapt to the wide APAC business cultures.
• Intermediate/Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel are an added advantage.
• Ability to adapt to business environment changes.
• Ability to work in an environment with multiple priorities / parties.