Financial Analyst (APAC Savings)
Selangor , Malaysia
Date published: 10-Dec-2018
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- In this role, you will report directly to the APAC Commercial Finance Lead and matrix report into the Regional Sourcing Lead.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure adherence to the defined savings processes for the account.
- Ensure all savings initiatives are properly documented and complete the procedural requirements from savings ideas to entering in Value Track up to the validation of the savings and its financial benefits.
- Follow-up and help ensure savings approvals are provided timely and escalate when required.
- Help prepare any financial savings models of savings projects and initiatives.
- Provide support in the preparation of savings and supply chain business cases.
- Coordinate savings initiatives and implementation with the CBRE local site teams to ensure regular updates are provided and reflected in Value Track.
- Provide complete and accurate regular and ad hoc savings reporting to regional and site stakeholders.
- Help drive achievement of KPI 4 – Savings Reporting under the MSA.
- Act as administrator of Value Track for the APAC region.
- Continuously improve the savings processes and methodology.
- Participate in sourcing/supply chain activities under the direction of the sourcing leader.
- Coordinate savings projects or initiatives to ensure project requirements, timelines or milestones, are successfully met.
- Create and develop strong working relationships with key internal and external partners and implement process improvement within the organization.
- Participate in savings and sourcing workstream meetings/conferences.
- Coordinates regional savings and sourcing processes and practices with internal stakeholders.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the APAC Commercial Finance Lead consistent with the role expectations.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Supply Chain or equivalent.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience preferably in finance or procurement or savings role.
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential.
- Working in a heavily matrixed organization.
- Global, corporate, cross-cultural environment.
- Managing strategic supplier relationships
- Development and implementation of innovative supply strategies.
- Contribution to a senior management team
- Category experience & knowledge
- Demonstrated experience in contract administration, running RFPs, contract negotiation, quality assurance, and procurement management;
- Experience in implementing e-procurement solutions with exposure to systems development and supplier management.
PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS
- Typical problems may include:
- Understanding Operations goals and developing a ‘trusted advisor’ relationship with key stakeholders and Accounts team.
- Influencing without authority.
- Undertaking complex commercial/legal negotiations with suppliers to an agreed negotiation plan in a timely manner ensuring operations requirements are fulfilled.
- Managing and assessing supplier performance and engaging and committing to the supplier relationship and driving optimal delivery of added value. May require escalation or resolution of significant contractual issues.
- Risk analysis on potentially significant interruptions or threats to supply of Category to Operations. Requires ability to assess quickly, determine an appropriate response, involve the required stakeholders and act.
- Alignment of internal needs with the prevailing external dynamics in arriving at an agreed category strategy and supporting sourcing program.
- Access to timely and accurate data that will form the basis of the sourcing strategy and sourcing program.
- The requirement for trialling of new or alternate products for which increased the risk to supply may prevail for a period of time.
- Development of contract frameworks within the Business Units that support the commercial negotiations and drive supplier. performance to drive optimal delivery of added value with ongoing reduced contractual issues.