A US Fortune 500 company, CBRE is the global leader in real estate services and leverages the industry's most powerful knowledge base to meet the commercial real estate needs of its clients worldwide. Our vision is to be the preeminent, vertically integrated, globally capable real estate service firm. Globally we employ over 40,000 employees and operate in 42 countries.
Global Workplace Solutions
CBRE’s Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) is the leading global provider of real estate outsourcing, with over 300 long-term relationships with corporate, healthcare, and government organizations, delivering facilities management, project management, transaction and portfolio, and consulting services across 350 offices worldwide. Within APAC, GWS works across 14 countries and employs over 11,000 people.
Under general supervision, performs a variety of routine and non-routine accounts receivable, accounts payable, or other financial operations activities and functions to include vendor invoice processing, tax processing, lease administration and cash receipt applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes data entry and follow-up procedures to support a variety of accounts receivable and/or accounts payable transactions in accordance with established time rames.
- Conducts peer review of various financial operations accounting transactions to comply with department policies and procedures.
- Monitors, troubleshoots, and responds to internal and external inquiries through financial operations shared mailboxes or other established methods.
- Completes updates to applicable trackers and processing manuals for portfolio of assigned work.
- Participates in internal and external audits as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous office and administrative duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree plus min 1 year experience in Administrative or financial support.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
- Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge of computer software and hardware (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite Products). Must work well under pressure with proactive approach to routine and non-routine occurrences.
- Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines.