Finance Controller - APAC
Wilayah Persekutuan , Malaysia
Date published: 14-Jan-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Part of the Regional APAC team based in Kuala Lumpur
Strong month end close and internal controls (SOX) focus
Global No 1 in Commercial Real Estate
Here’s a snapshot of your core responsibilities;
- Controllership / Monthly Financial Close – oversee and co-ordinate monthly review and validation of regional results. Review of P&L / balance sheet variance analysis, support regional finance teams, ensure effective controls operate.
- Financial control of the Corporate Head Office cost base.
- SOX/Internal Controls – oversee regional compliance with all Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, work directly with the Global SOX team, manage internal control deficiency remediation activities, monitor and improve internal controls.
- Manage the delivery of key quarterly disclosures for US Group reporting.
- Respond to US additional requests for information, ensure accounting practices are up to date and provide advice on APAC Controllership initiatives.
- Build relationships with the Global Corporate accounting team, Global SOX team and regional finance teams.
Here are some of the strengths you’ll possess and the background you’ll need to be successful;
- Accounting degree or equivalent qualifications/professionally qualified accountant (e.g CA) with minimum 5 years post qualified experience.
- Strong background in financial control and internal controls.
- Previous experience in a US GAAP/SOX/ IFRS or ASX controlled environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact effectively with regional finance teams, APAC Shared Services and global stakeholders.
- Experience with HFM, TM1, or other ERP and financial reporting systems.
- Big 4 Audit back ground highly advantageous as would experience working across APAC.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and wide scope of responsibilities;
- Ability to develop your skills and understanding of business across APAC
- Broad possibilities of professional and self-development;
- Support at every stage of your career
- Friendly work atmosphere based on mutual trust and respect.
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you.