Makati City , Philippines
Date published: 20-Jun-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Job Summary :
Responsible for moderately complex accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and the resultant managerial reports and financial statements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities :
- Reviews and/or processes billing/invoicing and enters data into the accounting databases. May either apply or submit cash applications to the vouchers/invoices. Researches and resolves accounts receivable issues.
- Answers questions from other departments, locations and divisions regarding various accounting issues and reports, including profit and loss reports. Researches open accounting issues.
- Prepares income statements, balance sheets and various other accounting statements or financial reports for field and management reference for a small to mid size customer or market.
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records. Reviews transactions from subsystem to ensure data accurately passed through the various tables and sub ledgers.
- Analyzes accounting variances and prepares variance explanation reports.
- Analyzes reports and records, making recommendations relative to the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Prepares Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Maintains, records, and reconciles billings and accounts receivables for small to mid size clients/markets or accounts.
- Examines financial statements and documents for conformance with accounting requirements and principles.
- Creates month-end accounting entries and reconciles discrepancies; posts to GL and reviews variances to budget.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related field OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two to four years of related experience and/or training including
- 2+ years professional level accounting experience, preferably 2+ years experience in general accounting, A/P, A/R clerical and/or entry level accountant positions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information. Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and interact effectively with management, employees, and auditors. Must have the ability to convey financial issues to non-financial users. Ability to collect, analyze, and summarize data and to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) regulations. Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and/or commissions. Conducts basic financial analysis. Follows accounting practices to ensure optimum client satisfaction while guaranteeing CBRE financial interests are protected.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications. Experience with automated accounting and financial management systems.
- Decisions made with understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Responsible for setting own project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor. Resolves routine questions and problems, and refers more complex items to Senior Accountant or department management.