Facilities Operations Coordinator
Penang , Malaysia
Date published: 26-Jul-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- To provide an effective service, including:
- Liaising with heads of departments and staff to identify their facilities related requirement and propose and manage cost-effective solutions.
- Providing an effective response to customer queries and complaints (written and via facilities management platform) where applicable, and to forward any others to the relevant team.
- Facilities service desk coordination
- Provide first-line contact for the facilities department for all internal and external customers/contractors.
- Manage the issuing and cancellation of security passes to staff and contractors.
- Operate and manage energy, utility consumption and total building M&E performance.
- Coordinate any project execution assignment.
- Order and manage all hard & soft services spare parts.
- Ensure the Facilities service offered to the occupant suits customer needs.
- Respond effectively to all telephone queries and complaints, using effective listening, questioning and problem-solving skills.
- Manage and lead a group of technicians.
- Managed and lead PPM program.
- Service Monitoring
- Carry out weekly hard & soft services walk rounds, ensuring the building fabric & systems is in good order, noting any defects and raising with HOD. Coordinate follow up on action items.
- Assist the Head of Facilities to monitor service standards by a third party, including building M&E and building maintenance.
- Monitor the active jobs logged on the helpdesk, to include the onsite FMP system maintained by internal & external party.
- Recommended to the Head of Facilities improvements that could be made to the hard & soft services.
- Review and make recommendations to maintain building integrity, maintaining accurate records as required.
- Liaise with landlord coordinator and contractors to follow through on approved work.
- Assist the HOD to ensure that the hard & soft services comply with all statutory regulations and codes of practice; liaise with all Local Authority, statutory representatives and client.
- Working to department guidelines and standard procedures.
- Operate and maintain an effective filing system for the department.
- Record and monitor all cost and expenses for all Facilities budgets (Administration, Cleaning, Security, Engineering and Building).
- Process invoices, and produces reports for all the budgets and liaising closely with the Finance Department and Financial Controller for the Operations Department.
- Obtain monthly reports from various suppliers outlining the services used or provided.
- Follow up on instructions to raise PRPO.
- Ensure building plans are kept up to date.
- Attend external meetings with the landlord.
- Assist with preparing and tendering contracts within the Facilities department ensuring commercial competitiveness.
- Provide administrative support to the Head of Facilities, arranging meetings, filling & etc.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing HVAC, Electrical, FLSS, Air-compressor & building system.
- Advanced/Higher/Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic) or equivalent.
- Candidate possesses A0/A4 Chargeman certification will be an added advantage.
- Experienced in managing a small group of technicians.
- Computer literate background and able to generate the report as deem needed.
- Pro-active, independent and right attitude.
- Candidate must be able to work effectively under pressure, and against a strict time constraint.
- Experience in electronic PM system, Maintenance/Repair (Facilities & Machinery), or equivalent will have an added advantage.
- Proper Preventive Maintenance System by ensuring on time maintenance for facility equipment's via CMMS Maximo Facilities Management platform.