Hong Kong , Hong Kong
Date published: 18-Sep-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The responsibilities of this role are to manage multiple functions of building operations and maintenance for a facility, campus or portfolio of buildings of reasonable complexity. This role will be based on the client site. In addition, the incumbent may be required to carry out any other duties as assigned by the Senior Facilities Manager or Sub-regional Facilities Manager.
- The role requires managing a team of subordinates and assuming daily supervisory responsibilities, including:
- Supervises individual employees within single functional or operational area;
- Approves subordinate's recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination;
- Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval; Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilisation of labour, including overtime;
- Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff;
- Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies; and
- Leads by example and models behaviours that are consistent with the company's values.
- Minimum of four years of related experience and/or training. Bachelor’s degree preferred with focus on business, technical or management areas. Prior Supervisory experience required
- Facility management certification preferred; driver license may be required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and intranet/internet. Ability to use work order system
- Working knowledge of architectural, electrical and mechanical systems. Working knowledge of leases, contracts and related documents
- Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department