Facilities Engineer (Data Centre)
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 12-Nov-2018
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- Manage the maintenance and daily operations of the DC facilities with the objective of achieving uninterrupted availability at all times and to ensure the fulfillment of our service commitment to customers.
- To support service delivery to ensure contracted service level agreements and key performance indicators are met or exceeded.
- To perform routine facilities activities including inventory control. Critical systems checks and functional testing. Able to respond and take action in response to facilities crisis management activities including: power outages, fire alarms, HVAC outages.
- Analyze data and identify trends with facility issues to determine root cause and take appropriate action.
- Responds to BMS/EMS alerts, investigate and feedback on any outstanding issues or events and respond to emergency situations and be on standby duty as required.
- Provide technical support to all aspects of data center operations including the operation, maintenance and repair of all mission critical equipment and systems supporting a 24x7 data center operation to achieve 100% uptime and 100% compliance with all customer SLAs.
- Assist in all site construction activities and installations, in coordination with external contractors to ensure system design, installation and testing adhere to operational standards. Witness testing of all equipment during commissioning and validate sequence of operations and receipt of all operational documentation.
- Supports for customer installations, in coordination with the design & construction as well as operations requirements to coordinate customer move-in and turn-on, and other service request & deliveries.
- Maintain compliance with local workplace safety & health (WHS) standards and local electrical and building codes.
- Ensure adherence to all standard operating procedures (SOP), method of procedures (MOP), and emergency response procedures (ERP) established for the critical environments, as well as the formal change control process.
- Participates in the scheduling, coordination and completion all significant planned and emergency maintenance events for the facility and ensure these activities are executed in a controlled and proven method to ensure the reliability of the critical loads supported by these systems.
- Preferably with minimum 4 years’ experience in Data Center Facilities Management & Operations environment and service delivery.
- ITE/Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical engineering or equivalent qualification
- Able to comprehend, analyse and interpret complex project documents, including AutoCAD, Visio and PDF documents
- General technical and functional knowledge of data center infrastructure to include electrical and mechanical systems, fire detection and protection systems, building management systems, equipment maintenance, space planning, construction of critical facilities environments