Facilities Coordinator (Laboratory)
Date published: 31-Oct-2018
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
- Lead facilities vendor management including coordinating with janitorial services, pest control and landlord management, and monitoring building improvement works.
- Promote and implement facility‐based EHS programs, including maintaining site Contractor Management program
- Direct and coordinate installation, maintenance and repair of common lab equipment, and electrical, gas, air and water systems within the lab
- Manage lab preventive maintenance program
- Support Building Monitoring System, including responding and troubleshooting in the event of failure
- Perform lab and facility inspections to ensure compliance with EHS policies and formulate effective Correct and Preventive Actions (CAPA) for findings
- Assist with facilities management including coordinating with janitorial services and landlord management
- Emergency response team member for chemical/biological spills
- Manage inventory and maintain established stocking quantities of lab consumables
- Manage and oversee waste collection and disposal with proper documentation to ensure compliance with local regulations
- Coordinate with vendors to ensure consistent supply of gas cylinders
- Assist with system administration and working level operation of Good laboratory practice (GLP) and other relevant operational systems and data tracking.
- Provide consultative guidance on resource management within operational areas of responsibility.
- Purchasing of operations items and assist with comparative sourcing or equivalent requests.
- Manage Operations Inventory system, including packaging materials, and auxiliary items.
- Manage the order fulfilment process, including all activities from raising quotation to complete delivery of product, as dictated by the scope of the program.
- Communicate delivery issues with the vendor to ensure they are kept to date.
- Develop and maintain ongoing collaborative relationship with the functional teams within the laboratory, EHS and logistics to ensure customer satisfaction is met.
- Diploma in Chemical or Engineering related qualification
- Facilities management experience preferred
- Working experience in chemical / laboratory support environment
- Knowledge of risk management / health and safety
- Good communication skills