Expression of Interest- Regional Strategic Sourcing Lead (APAC)
Makati , Philippines
Date published: 10-Jun-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Expression of Interest:
An Expression of Interest is an ad placed calling for people with a certain background or a particular skill set to outline on one page their interest in an employment opportunity, it means that they don't have reqs for jobs at the moment, but anticipate having some coming open soon.
The Regional Sourcing Leader has the responsibility for the development and maintenance of strategic initiatives within all sourcing categories of responsibility. Specific responsibilities include development of category strategies, supplier negotiations, and integration with business units, identification and delivery of cost savings opportunities, and overall selection and management of suppliers.
- Strategically manage total commodity spend.
- Drive continual improvements in Supplier Quality, Cost, Delivery and Customer service levels within the assigned category
- Identify projects and lead project execution to deliver commitment to AOP savings
- Support corporate sourcing function in process and performance management activities
- Work closely with each product line finance managers and functional leaders to optimize Supplier capabilities to support the business
- Interaction and participation in Dover Corporate driven Commodity initiatives to leverage total Dover spend with supplier contracts & services
- Drive improvements to working capital through supplier initiatives
- Actively manager Supplier panel to reduce business exposure and risk; single source, supplier financial risk, capacity
- Enforce “Golden Rules” : establish solid process of controlling indirect spend (ensure corporate or business preferred suppliers are used, reduce leakage, strategical supplier negotiations, indirect material workflow management, early NPI involvement)
- Support trade compliance initiatives as assigned within category of responsibility
- Selection of Suppliers and assurance of appropriate checks in place to meet Dover Supplier code of conduct requirements
- Adhere to all local and Corporate Safety rules and requirements
- Experience leading and facilitating through influence and expertise under tight time and cost pressures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High energy and self-motivated
- Strong sense of urgency with balance of process compliance
- Contract negotiations expertise and experience
- Prior experience in a project environment
- Ability to work in a cross-functional matrix organization and external suppliers in geographically diverse locations.
- High energy and self-starter with demonstrated ability to develop and execute Sourcing strategies.
- Strong quality and customer centric focus. Global mindset – must be able to work across poles to deliver end results.
- Bachelor's Degree or 10+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of sourcing experience
- Microsoft Office aptitude
- Experience utilizing MRP/ERP systems