Estate Manager- Transaction Management
Hong Kong Island , Hong Kong
Date published: 1-Apr-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
The Estates Manager will be responsible for day to day management of the client's portfolio, managing the returning/handover of leased sites to Landlords, processing associated documentation, negotiating new licenses and easements, arranging lease renewals with the landlord, undertaking lease exit, working with the CBRE Estate and Transaction Management teams to undertake portfolio optimization initiatives and keeping and storing accurate files
- Lease renewal or extension of current contracts without rent challenge or negotiation
- Sublease Renewal where no marketing and only minor negotiation required
- Lease termination (lease disposal which does not involve negotiation with landlord for e.g. executing end of term termination, executing a right to terminate)
- Purchase options/right of first refusal (advice regarding an existing option/right.
- Work closely with HSBC and CBRE TM team to strategize, deliver, and structure the high risk high value transactions.
- Monitoring all lease critical dates to ensure that all HSBC contractual obligations are met
- On behalf of client to deal with government on rates and rent, liaise with insurance company on claims, dismiss & launch cases
- Develop relationship and work closely with HSBC Internal or external Legal, Audit/ Operational Risk and HSBC’s supply partners
- Working with EM Lead to develop initiatives at country level
- Minimize vacancies rates of the portfolio
- Managing the handover of HSBC assets on owned and leased property with support of FM & capital projects
- Performing site inspections (as needed)
- Prepare business approval documents and related financial analysis
- Managing the eviction process for delinquent lease-out tenants (at HSBC’s instruction)
- Ensure consistent application of EM playbook & review EM playbook from time to time
- Assist the bank and collaborate with other CBRE internal for portfolio revaluation
- Support Client in preparation of Annual Operation Plan (AOP)
- Support Client / Regional EM Lead / Country Lead in audits, reporting, portfolio planning and finance management.
- Build good relationship with HSBC landlords/ tenants and resolve EM issues.
- Document EM activities with designated software or reporting formats
- Ensure payments are as per contract obligations
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Degree in Real Estate, Facilities Management, Engineering or related discipline
- 5 - 8 + years in the real estate industry
- EAA Licensee is required
- Account/client management skills