Electrician (West Area, 5 vacancies)
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 10-Jun-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Operates, inspects, and maintains mechanical and electrical equipment in assigned facilities to achieve most efficient results. Assures that equipment is being maintained in a safe manner. Minimizes down time through proactive performance testing and scheduled maintenance.
- Applies electrical code to troubleshoot and resolve basic electrical wiring / circuitry problems, install and repair electrical equipment and wiring, roughing in feeders, branch circuit cables and circuits, splice electric or communication cables/trunk lines, and trimming out (finishing) electrical devices.
- Uses electrical test equipment, gauges and other measuring devices to test electrical equipment.
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
- Installs minor electrical components such as power socket/Power logic, light fittings, etc. and performs device validation and system commissioning. Maintains lighting systems throughout the facility, cleaning fixtures and replacing bulbs and lamps.
- Responds quickly to electrical power failure and emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed during and/or after office hours.
- Performs assigned day-to-day repairs, emergency repairs and preventive maintenance. Completes maintenance and repair records as required using eMerge work requests as instructed by Facilities Engineer.
- Supervise vendors and contractors for electrical related facilities.
- Operates company vehicle in a safe manner and follows prescribed routines to service locations in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education
- Possess NITEC certificate or equivalent electrician certificate.
- Knowledge & 5 years work experience in electrical engineering field especially in the electrical power supply and distribution systems.
- Familiarized with the basic regulations for electrical installations and the applicable code of practices.
- Upon hiring must be able to complete safety training and certifications specific to the Client and the general Oil and Petrochemical industry:
- Site LPS (Loss Prevention System) safety requirement
- WAH (Working At Height) Worker Certificate
- Work Permit Issuer/Acceptor for the Refinery/Chemical or E&PS work permit system
- Other required safety training as required
- Driving License Class 3A
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent Customer Service skills and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Email, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint a plus