Electrician (4 positions, Tuas / Jurong Island)
Singapore , Singapore
Date published: 9-Jan-2019
Share with: Facebook
Send to a friend
Performs general preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, equipment and grounds. Working under close supervision, assists in monitoring building system operation and performance. Utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting.
- Breakdown troubleshooting of electrical systems and appliances in office buildings.
- Install minor electrical components such as power socket/Powerlogic, light fittings etc.
- Attend to all electrical power failure & water piping leakage emergency call/request & response during and/or after office hours.
- Carry out repairs of building plumbing & sanitary defects.
- Repair of interior architectural fixtures such as ceilings and floorboards, doors and ironmongeries, door lockset/hinges, painting works etc.
- Routine recording of electrical and water meter readings.
- Routine replacement of potable water filter and minor repair of water dispenser.
- Facilitate conference/meeting rooms set up requirements.
- Assist in uniform laundry collection and distributions.
- Perform traffic warden duties if required.
- Execute eMerge work request as instructed by Facilities Engineer.
- Carry out routine maintenance checks of building facilities such as generator functional check, sanitary pump functionality, firefighting equipment and exit route.
- Executing and resolving day-to-day operations issues and continually improve work efficiency also include all electrical troubleshooting and maintenance activities and relevant project works including project activities planning and proposals.
- Prompt attend to technical service requests and machine breakdowns.
- Supervise vendors and contractors for electrical related facilities.
- Performs assigned day-to-day repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance. Completes maintenance and repair records as required.
- Assists with troubleshooting and repairs of buildings and installed systems to include: plumbing systems, kitchen equipment, roofs, drains.
- Maintains lighting systems throughout the facility, cleaning fixtures and replacing bulbs and lamps.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Possess NITEC certificate or equivalent electrician certificate.
- To obtain Oil and Petrochemical safety orientation course.
- To attend Refinery/Chemical or E&PS work permit system as certified permit Issuer/Acceptor.
- Knowledge & 5 years work experience in electrical engineering field especially in the electrical power supply and distribution systems.
- Familiarised with the basic regulations for electrical installations and the applicable code of practices.
- Compiles with Site LPS safety requirement.
- WAH Worker Certificate preferred
- Must have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Email, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint a plus